Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | "Dollar In, Dollar Out"

Whose Dollars Are Out By The Trade Deadline?

• Tyson Barrie ($3,750,000)

• Ethan Bear ($2,000,000)

• Alex Chiasson ($2,150,000)

• Mikko Koskinen ($4,500,000)

• Adam Larsson ($4,166,666)

• James Neal ($5,750,000)

• Ryan Nugent-Hopkins ($6,000,000)

• Kyle Turris ($1,650,000)

• No Trades Made ($0,000,000)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
From the last thread @xoczar99ox

I’ll can confirm that with straight from managements mouth that Taylor Hall was a huge problem in the room.

The management that built one of the worst hockey teams of the modern era? Those brilliant hockey minds?

That being said if they did bring him back I can guarantee you that his voice doesn’t hold a fraction of the weight that it once did. It wouldn’t be his team anymore and he’d just be a another cog in the machine.

And at this point maybe that's what he needs. I don't know for sure, but I do know he's not going to shoot at a 3% clip for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Proko88 and 780il

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
From the last thread @xoczar99ox

The management that built one of the worst hockey teams of the modern era? Those brilliant hockey minds?.

I’m not sure how that changes the fact that what was going on wasn’t true. I guess the teammate of his from the Devils is also another quack and unreliable source as well...

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I’m not sure how that changes the fact that what was going on wasn’t true. I guess the teammate of his from the Devils is also another quack and unreliable source as well...

I mean, anyone can say this. In other words, there's really no reason to accept what you say as true here.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Binnington off the list..
Was the best pending UFA goalie

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I do think this team needs Adam Larsson's element but anything more than a two-year deal (which in itself is riskier) and we're probably handcuffing ourselves with a bad contract.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
I mean, anyone can say this. In other words, there's really no reason to accept what you say as true here.
True. I have no reason to lie. It is what it is. I’m not posting an of that out of malaise. I’m sure there has been more than enough conversation on these boards regarding his character and people will choose to believe what they want.

With that all being said I’m not 100% against bringing him back. Sometimes going full circle has a way of changing people. After all, who doesn’t like a good comeback story? I know I do.

Reactions: soothsayer

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn't trade Ethan Bear at all, end of story.

I wouldn't trade Caleb Jones until I know what Klefbom's timetable looks like - we know when the surgery is now, so now what? October to December? He may have to come back before I can deal Jones, or maybe depends on the LHD trade market.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
That is a really hard poll to choose.

Each player brings an element that is needed on this team.

Barrie is an offensive defencemen that everyone wanted for a long time. Is he easily replaced?

Larsson is starting to sit in his power as a shutdown defencemen. Where do you find players like him? Who replaces his hard minutes?

Nugent-hopkins always seem to go under the radar and yet you can't really see this team without him, he plays a cerebral game that compliments are offence and he is dependable in 3 zones. Again, who replaces his utility skills and support and he can still put up points.

I think it just really ends up who prices themselves out of Hollands cap budget.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Honestly I'm completely done with Koskinen so I'd trade him for Georgiev. Maybe we even get a 3rd or 4th round pick back too. I would not retain, NYR have the space.

I'm aware that Geogiev's numbers are worse, but both goalies have played well in the past and struggled this year. A change could do well for both. Georgiev's contract suits his abilities and puts us into a better position to land that starter.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Pretty good press conference from Holland. Doesn’t sound like he’s in a rush to sign anyone. After signing Kassian too early and last years playoffs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants to see how the season and playoffs go before committing to nuggy, Barrie or Larsson.

He sounds like he’s not looking for depth, wants an impact forward I am guessing. He’s probably going to watch the goaltending too. He sounds content with the defence.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I voted Barrie. We have coveted an offensive dman for a long time and we finally have one. Larsson is too inconsistent for my liking and RNH may want too much money for what he brings to the table.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
For context on Georgiev...

Smith's goals saved above average per 60: 0.57
Koskinen's: -0.30
Georgiev's: -0.60

He bad.
I mean only 13 goalies have a positive goals saved above average.

That said Georgiev has been decent in his career and is young.

If you can get him and move Koskinens contract and use that money to further help the team this year and next, could be worth it.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad