TSN: Rumours of Kadri and Gardiner as trade bait won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Lets not stop here, Phaneuf and Lupul need to go and bring in some leadership and players willing to back-check and block shots.

There will be some seriously angry lupul fans reading your post.
#truecaptainlupul

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Again trading kadri will go against everything nonis believes in.

You guys are eating up thr media stirred stories

ForSpareParts*

Trade Holland for a 2nd round pick that we lost!
Did that upset you?

Holland? Is he supposed to be my favourite leaf?

A Holland trade is just as good. If it somehow improves the club, then by all means.

I thought we could talk about trading Kadri and Gardiner though.

ForSpareParts*

does trading Kadri for prospects or picks go against what Nonis believes in?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Nonis(through Shanny) said in his press interview there will be moves this summer. Knowing Nonis this is where all the heavy lifting will be made. Draft and free agency.

I can see Nonis trading young players for young players if the fit is there, he knows the chemistry of players here are too one way currently for this roster, he will be driven by culture change demanded by Shanny, Leiweke and Caryle. You look at the Marlies play and they are supposed to have the same systems. But they play drastically different.

Player personnel is the primary reason why, and with last year's failure, there is no standing pat.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If they could land a missing key piece (early prime years) obviously you do it.

Kessel is unlikely to be immortal, and Phaneuf isn't getting younger.

Hey, I'd be just as happy if they moved Phaneuf for someone Gardiner and Kadri's age and built a top notch young team.

The "young" team they have is getting older without showing improvement.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i'm open to trading kadri and gardiner as long as it gets us better/helpful core pieces in return.

ex:

gardiner for o'reilly or couturier/b.schenn

kadri for myers or kesler

if its for over the hill veterans, i'll pass.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
i'm open to trading kadri and gardiner as long as it gets us a better core pieces in return.

ex:

gardiner for o'reilly or couturier/b.schenn

kadri for myers

Ew Myers lol, no thanks. Gardiner+ for O'reilly would be a great trade for the leafs except Nonis has stated the onus this offseason is improving the D core, so I can't see this type of trade happening.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We will regret trading Kadri.

I'd be very hesitant unless its a deal that knocks our socks off

ForSpareParts*

I would file this one under, delusional trade proposal.

Why? Is that an overpayment? Kadri/Gardiner's career won't amount to squat. Do you actually think those 2 are difference makers? There's no way.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Like I said countless of times, I just hope Nonis and the gang don't go stupid on us.

I don't mind trading our young assets if the player(s) back make more sense to us... but I hate that Kadri might leave as I think he has plenty more potential in his game, and one that you can easily achieve contender status with.

What are the players to target here? If you are to trade them to get better, that doesn't represent draft picks or prospects not quite developed.

So there's Eric Staal in the rumours, the rights to Stastny, Kevin Bieksa, Alex Edler, Ryan Kesler (all though doubt he wants to come here)... I can't think of many other names other then that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If they could land a missing key piece (early prime years) obviously you do it.

Kessel is unlikely to be immortal, and Phaneuf isn't getting younger.

Hey, I'd be just as happy if they moved Phaneuf for someone Gardiner and Kadri's age and built a top notch young team.

The "young" team they have is getting older without showing improvement.

IMO

Just speculation, I can see any combination of 1 or all of Dion, Lupul, Kadri, Gardiner, Reimer moved this summer.

We will see, But I don't think Kessel is going anywhere this summer. His big ticket will make him hard to move, unless he wants to move.

If Kessel can be the vet of a young core of say Bennett/Reinhart/Fabbri, and Rielly. This would not be such a bad thing would it?

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I don't know if TSN is being homer towards the Leafs or just being realistic. :shakehead

Either way, if they're part of the Leafs' youth movement, then keep them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I see some comparables between where JVR was in his development, and where Kadri is now.

- Both had consistency issues
- However both had shown they can take over a game

I just think if we trade Kadri, we will be on the wrong side of the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad