TSN: Rumours of Kadri and Gardiner as trade bait won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
The rumors that Phaneuf did not get along with Schenn or Aulie were completely the fabrication of HFboards speculation. All they prove is how insane people here can be.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
It boggles my mind that people feel the need to assassinate a players character on this forum.

Phaneuf was not very good this year. That's all that needa to be said. On the other hand there is absolutely no reason to believe there was locker room discord this year. If anything, this group of players seems to get along quite well. Why invent an issue to criticize your most hated player when you can just criticize his play?

mikebel111*

This city is poisonous to play in because fans take a couple interviews and extrapolate them. The fact that Dion hasn't gone running and handles the mouth breathers in stride is a wonder in itself. Many MANY people (players are human beings) would get the heck out of dodge and I wouldn't blame them. Constant character assassination is tough to take.

100% correct:)

mikebel111*

Hasn't gone running? He have refused to speak to the media several times after being being a clown on the ice. He can just not stand up for him self and admit he made a mistake. The Dion way is calling in to a radio show a day or two later and explain that he was "to emotional".

Get rid of him. He is a cancer.

several times? I only remember once which was this season

mikebel111*

In a way, I think they did, yes. I think they had a personal beef with him and were bias in their comments. I think a guy like Warriner saw a cocky 21 year old and thought he deserves more respect from him. Ditto for Keenan. When you already don't like someone it's easy to skew things into your point of few. People do it all the time.

I think Dion came into the league as a cocky, over-confident young player and it rubbed some players the wrong way. I also think he's a 28 year old man now years removed that has settled down and into a role well enough that one of the most established franchises in hockey history felt they found the right person to handle the role. There was no Captain when he came in and they really didn't need to give it to him. We are now on the third assessment group (Wilson/Burke, Nonis/Carlyle, Shanahan) that has reviewed him and thought he was fine in his role. At any one of those points he could have been removed or traded.

I bolded your rumors because I think you read too much Simmons and Cox. Those are the only reporters putting out conflict articles. This is a media center that stuck a soother in Kadri's mouth and put it on the front page of a newspaper.

the media are idiots. There is a reason why I never take them seriously

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The rumours wont go away

Ok my uncles' brother sisters bf heard Staal+pick:sarcasm: for Kadri,Gardiner

Nonnis mentioned some trades at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad