Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I worked in and around the game for nearly 15 years as I said above, some of them in a leadership role. I can and did have to step in a few times, yes. Unfortunately hockey is much behind the times, and 2010 might as well have been the dark ages in a lot of ways.

I didn't forget about any of the junior initiations, no... there's an awful lot of accountability to go around.

I'm just saying it's fair to wonder what role Keith had in it, as a guy that wore a letter for the team. Was he unaware of it? Did he know it was happening and not address it? Not feel like it was his place? I feel like every potential answer raises more questions.
This is it. I'm not accusing DK of anything, but I think its in his best interests to come forward and explain what happened behind the scenes because otherwise it's going to hang over him the entire season.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
So this is disturbing.

NRDGrh0.png

6NA2fLX.png

It sure is. Wrong thread tho.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This is it. I'm not accusing DK of anything, but I think its in his best interests to come forward and explain what happened behind the scenes because otherwise it's going to hang over him the entire season.

Why is it on Keith specifically to do this?

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The 80s/90s Oilers weren't a good look internally, yet you're a fan still.

You're doing nothing more than cherry picking this incident. Pretty obvious
Yeah, can't say I was thrilled about a perpetrator of vehicular manslaughter being our GM at one point but it is what it is.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I worked in and around the game for nearly 15 years as I said above, some of them in a leadership role. I can and did have to step in a few times, yes. Unfortunately hockey is much behind the times, and 2010 might as well have been the dark ages in a lot of ways.

I didn't forget about any of the junior initiations, no... there's an awful lot of accountability to go around.

I'm just saying it's fair to wonder what role Keith had in it, as a guy that wore a letter for the team. Was he unaware of it? Did he know it was happening and not address it? Not feel like it was his place? I feel like every potential answer raises more questions.

I’ve always liked to look at things as innocent until proven guilty (though the public perception of things is usually the opposites). Like another poster said (edit: @K1984), it’s just as reasonable to assume that he did say something about it and got shouted down. I’m going to leave it at that

Reactions: K1984

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Kahun signed like a month into free agency this past off-season. Given the opportunity he has here if we really need him I'm sure he will be available in September if he doesn't go to Europe that is.

Good point, and considering he didn't likely improve his stock this year, at best treading water, you may be right.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Giannis is a lot better than McDavid. It evens out

There's a debate about who the best player in the NBA is right now. There is zero debate about who the best is in the NHL. Also, Giannis is a more along the lines of a run-of-the-mill MVP, whereas McDavid is a generational talent, like LeBron.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’ve always liked to look at things as innocent until proven guilty (though the public perception of things is usually the opposites). Like another poster said (edit: @K1984), it’s just as reasonable to assume that he did say something about it and got shouted down. I’m going to leave it at that

It would take an awful lot of balls to shout down one of the best players on the team and arguably the best defenceman in the league. But, I suppose it's possible. Keith just seems to me like a guy that likes to leave it all out on the ice and quietly go about his business off of it.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Sounds like the Sharks are going to buy out Martin Jones. Maybe San Jose is a possible landing spot for an overpaid stopgap in net . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad