Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
DOUGIEEEEE
Dougie didn’t seem too happy playing in Calgary so I doubt our somewhat more northerly fishbowl is going to be any more attractive to him. Never say never, but I would be shocked if Holland reels him in and I’ll have a coronary if it got done without a monstrous overpay.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dougie didn’t seem too happy playing in Calgary so I doubt our somewhat more northerly fishbowl is going to be any more attractive to him. Never say never, but I would be shocked if Holland reels him in and I’ll have a coronary if it got done without a monstrous overpay.
He didn't like it in Calgary because he didn't "fit in" in the room, you know, the room where Lucic fits in like a glove. That's not a worry.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
artworks-000084358238-9nmkmo-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: lopper

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Heard different reports that it wasn't the market as much as the team, but then the Oilers don't really seem to be that much better organizationally speaking.

I have a feeling they won't really make a serious play for him because of Nurse's future contract demands.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
Rumour is they r talking to Hamilton
This is NOT a rumour.

This was speculation by Seravalli that the Oilers COULD be a dark horse to pursue Hamilton. The Oilers are NOT actively pursuing Dougie Hamilton.

To be clear:
1) No one from the Oilers organization has claimed this.
2) Gregor + Stauffer has dismissed this as "pie in the sky"
3) Frank was observing that this would be a good fit.
4) There is no indication that Hamilton would like to play in Alberta again after the Calgary fiasco.

Speaking of the Calgary fiasco: Why did the Flames make the Dougie Hamilton trade?

Christian Roatis @ FlamesNation said:
It sure sounds like they felt Hamilton’s personality became an issue, for whatever reason, and that the locker room was affected by it. Sportsnet’s John Shannon was on SN960 following the trade as well and said issues with Hamilton included “when the entire team would go for lunch at Moxie’s, Hamilton would go to a museum.”

Yikes. Save that for Hockey Taeks Hall of Fame. We would be foolish to assume that Hamilton skipping out on lunch for museums is the motivator for this trade, but it sure seemed like Hamilton wasn’t as integrated into the locker room as the Flames would’ve liked.

Some of us (read: everyone at FN) think that’s an absurd reason to deal someone when they’re an incredible value add on the ice, but after the Vegas Golden Knights turned an atomic-tight dressing room bond into a Stanley Cup Final appearance, it’s clear the Flames brass feel differently.
It’s no secret Treliving felt his player mix was an issue and contributed to the team missing the playoffs, and trading Hamilton for Hanifin – who is already tight with Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk through USA Hockey – would be an upgrade in the room, if not on the ice.

More than Hamilton not wanting to play for Edmonton, I question whether he would be a fit for the Oilers dressing room.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
People banking on Dougie are going to be very disappointed when he signs elsewhere.
yeah god forbid Oilers sign an truly elite player for once instead of being happy with dead mediocre and below average signings/trades that we've been doing for the better part of the last decade while our generational talent wastes his prime

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
This is NOT a rumour.

This was speculation by Seravalli that the Oilers COULD be a dark horse to pursue Hamilton. The Oilers are NOT actively pursuing Dougie Hamilton.

To be clear:
1) No one from the Oilers organization has claimed this.
2) Gregor + Stauffer has dismissed this as "pie in the sky"
3) Frank was observing that this would be a good fit.
4) There is no indication that Hamilton would like to play in Alberta again after the Calgary fiasco.

Speaking of the Calgary fiasco: Why did the Flames make the Dougie Hamilton trade?

More than Hamilton not wanting to play for Edmonton, I question whether he would be a fit for the Oilers dressing room.
Dude who cares about him not wanting to go eat lunch with ppl lmao, it's not like he's defending his fiance making fun of his teammate's miscarriage or something. Heck Peter Chiarelli brought in "character locker room guy" Brandon Manning and it turned out he was a f***ing racist.

If you show up, work hard, and perform on ice, you can go to whatever f***ing museum you want.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
yeah god forbid Oilers sign an truly elite player for once instead of being happy with dead mediocre and below average signings/trades that we've been doing for the better part of the last decade while our generational talent wastes his prime
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with him signing here. I just don't see it happening when he'll have better offers from other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad