Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe you can start a change.org petition to get Keith thrown in jail

This is what the Blackhawks dressing room culture was like.

Keith was a sizeable part of that culture.

It's fair to wonder what his influence is actually like off of the ice. He said himself he's not a big talker, it's not that big a stretch to think that he saw this stuff and didn't intervene.

Reactions: PULSATING

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Time to cancel Duncan Keith and anyone else who happened to play for the Blackhwaks at that time I guess.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Whole lotta leadership in that room. Sure glad we didn't willingly bring a member of that leadership core into our dressing room.
See above post because I’m sure that the guys on the team knew exactly what was going on and approved of it right. This is just getting out of hand now. His cap hit is no reason to hate a guy to the point you blame for sexual abuse grow up.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
See above post because I’m sure that the guys on the team knew exactly what was going on and approved of it right. This is just getting out of hand now. His cap hit is no reason to hate a guy to the point you blame for sexual abuse grow up.

I didn't say a word about his cap hit, don't put words in my mouth.

The whole situation was described as an open secret, and this kind of stuff was happening in the locker room. As one of the leaders of the locker room, it's kind of impossible to believe that he never once heard anything about it or was blissfully unaware of it. Sports teams are very tight knit groups most of the time, everyone hears everything about everyone.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

It's fair to wonder what his influence is actually like off of the ice. He said himself he's not a big talker, it's not that big a stretch to think that he saw this stuff and didn't intervene.

I'm not defending what happened there, but I'm guessing you forgot about all of that shit that got exposed about the initiations in junior hockey teams? Some downright vile stuff. You may be shocked to find out that people are despicable, and when the chips go down, not many people are willing to put their necks on the line to do something about it.

Would you?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Just going by what's being said.

No you're not, there is no mention of what Duncan Keith did or did not do in any of those posts.

For all you know maybe Duncan Keith said something and got drowned out by others in the room. You have zero knowledge of the details of what went on.

You don't like the trade, so now you're trying to make it sound worse to justify your position. It's BS.

For all you know maybe Keith is a victim for Christ sakes.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

If we take all this to the logically conclusion. Toews needs to take some shrapnel and our media needs to grill Keith about this. Because if he's part of that problem, the team needs to get him out of the room (I am serious)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No you're not, there is no mention of what Duncan Keith did or did not do in any of those posts.

For all you know maybe Duncan Keith said something and got drowned out by others in the room. You have zero knowledge of the details of what went on.

You don't like the trade, so now you're trying to make it sound worse to justify your position. It's BS.

For all you know maybe Keith is a victim for Christ sakes.

If he's a victim then he should come forward.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Kind of wonder if this Hyman deal actually happens at this point.

Certainly looking like "nah" at this point. I'm not sure how I feel about it one way or the other. I hated the idea up until this morning, and then it started growing on me. We would likely get 3 really useful years out of Hyman, then 1 or 2 really iffy years, and the last 3-4 years would be terrible. I'm perfectly fine if it happens or if it doesn't at this point I think.

Reactions: Oilhawks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not defending what happened there, but I'm guessing you forgot about all of that shit that got exposed about the initiations in junior hockey teams? Some downright vile stuff. You may be shocked to find out that people are despicable, and when the chips go down, not many people are willing to put their necks on the line to do something about it.

Would you?

I worked in and around the game for nearly 15 years as I said above, some of them in a leadership role. I can and did have to step in a few times, yes. Unfortunately hockey is much behind the times, and 2010 might as well have been the dark ages in a lot of ways.

I didn't forget about any of the junior initiations, no... there's an awful lot of accountability to go around.

I'm just saying it's fair to wonder what role Keith had in it, as a guy that wore a letter for the team. Was he unaware of it? Did he know it was happening and not address it? Not feel like it was his place? I feel like every potential answer raises more questions.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad