Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with him signing here. I just don't see it happening when he'll have better offers from other teams.
You wrote the end of that sentence wrong. The Oilers, despite how everyone tends to feel, is a very good team close to taking the next step and have the best 2 forwards on the planet. There's alot to like with the team here, and it's not like Hamilton would need to take "discount" to come.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
So you're saying one of the pre-eminent NHL insiders is just making shit up?

That's a bold claim.

I'm not saying Seravalli is wrong. I'm saying there is a difference between SPECULATION and ACTIVE PURSUIT.

The Oilers are speculatively interested in Hamilton and will go check things out. Tire-kicking if you will.

Active pursuit infers there is interest on both sides and they are working on contract terms.

People are spreading rumours like Dougie, his agent and Ken are on Microsoft Teams hammering out an 8 x8. If it was a 10-stage plan to get to this negotiation stage, the Oilers might be at stage 1.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You wrote the end of that sentence wrong. The Oilers, despite how everyone tends to feel, is a very good team close to taking the next step and have the best 2 forwards on the planet. There's alot to like with the team here, and it's not like Hamilton would need to take "discount" to come.
We've said this every year since McDavid was acquired and most free agents or players with NTCs still turn their nose up at us.

I mean, didn't Larsson just leave?

Oh, and before you mention Duncan Keith, if his son wasn't near here he wouldn't give us the time of day.

Reactions: Little Fury

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Even if all that were true, they still play in Edmonton.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Friedman did say he heard thatEdmonton is up to something on Defence that isn't getting talked about

Yesterday Stauffer did his "wink wink, nudge nudge" routine suggesting that something bigger could be in the works now that Larsson left.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Any guesses on the presser?

I will take a stab.
Stauffer will lead off with a prescripted softball question.
Matty will follow with a question that nobody will understand.

Reactions: The Bored Man

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
Any guesses on the presser?

I will take a stab.
Stauffer will lead off with a prescripted softball question.
Matty will follow with a question that nobody will understand.

Holland with confuse DNB and RNH, unless DNB is banned from attending :sarcasm:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Shoot for the moon what Holland could be announcing today.

Neal on LTIR with illness stuff

Klefa and a 6th to Toronto for Hyman's rights, signed to an 8yr deal worth $5M per.

They've traded Kassian and Bear to NYR for Buchnevich and Georgiev

They've traded a 5th rounder to Carolina and the futures for Wells, in return got the rights to Hamilton and Hakanpaa, Signing Hamilton 8yrs $8M pre and Hakanpaa to 2 years $1.5M per.

Again, the most ldeal of worlds.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
No trades in the books.

We are buying someone out.

Probably not drafting a defenceman.

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
You really don't like Hamilton, it's kind of funny.
I think Hamilton instantly makes the Oilers a contender. I 100% LOVE Hamilton.

I just think Seravalli is speculating that the Oilers could approach Hamilton at one point during free agency to see if there is mutual interest (which, given his choices of cities is rather unlikely).

So I just don't want people to think this is a rumour. This is not a rumour. This was speculation. The Oilers are NOT CURRENTLY in pursuit of Dougie Hamiton. Until an insider says otherwise, let's all hold our collective horses.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We've said this every year since McDavid was acquired and most free agents or players with NTCs still turn their nose up at us.

I mean, didn't Larsson just leave?

Oh, and before you mention Duncan Keith, if his son wasn't near here he wouldn't give us the time of day.
Because maybe living in the place where his dad died is too much on reflection.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stauffer has done that every summer for the past decade I swear.
I really don't know that he ever stops. He has been hinted at Tatar going back to the regular season. Been saying the Rags and Pens could want Kassian for a couple months now.

He also then one day says we are looking at filling all sorts of spots with vets. Then the next day saying we can't get vets as there will be no room for the prospects to move up.

So really it's like talking to someone that is drunk and then the next day when sober they tell you a different story. Which one is true?

AsparaGus

Feb 16, 2020
Ristolainen could be a dark horse target. If Dougie has interest you find a way to move some salary.
I'm pretty sure the "defensive move" that Friedman is talking about is Jani Hakanpää. I don't think it's a big fish.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I mean, if it was a choice between a new place, and a place that didn't like me (the city) where I remember my father dying, I might go else where too.

There's some exceptions like Barrie choosing us to juice his value or Lucic coming to play for his old GM, but it seems most players would rather not be here, McDavid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad