Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
WTF is happening, is this a tripadvisor forum?

C'mon mods.

Yeah don't want to miss any important developments in the world of hockey in mid-July.

*cue cricket sounds*

This thread is making me hungry, which is a nice distraction from being mad at the Oilers.

Reactions: Aerrol

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Dzingel for only slightly more then 3 mill for only 2 years .....

un f***ing beleivable

This GM is an aging bumbling idiot

boy I was wrong when thinking Holland is going to at least get a little help for our stars.

there goes our last real chance to get any help for Leon and Connor up front for this coming year.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Dzingel for only slightly more then 3 mill for only 2 years .....

un ****ing beleivable

This GM is an aging bumbling idiot

there goes our last real chance to get any help for Leon and Connor up front for this coming year.

Dzingel wanted to play in the States. That happens a lot with players who are American.

Critical thinking is your friend.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Dzingel wanted to play in the States. That happens a lot with players who are American.

Critical thinking is your friend.

Fair enough, how long do you plan on giving Holland a break before you stop defending him ? 2 years ? 3 years ?

Dzingel might never have signed here and yes I am a bit edgy with him because it almost appears he thinks the Oiler's are ok with status quo heading into next season.

that's what we get from interviews and direction.

getting paid 3 million to move and shake. Not sit and hope.

It would be nice to see a young GM thinking outside the box to get them out of a tough situation, and he hasn't pulled any strings yet in a positive direction.

If sitting idle waiting for contracts to expire and term to get less is what you consider positive , that comes at a price.. burning off another year of Connor and Leon.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yes please. we need more mayhem in the NHL. A big Marner offersheet will send some ripples around the league.

I gotta say, I respect Columbus alot the past year for going all in. I think some of the trades are dicey as those short term rentals were not going to return. But Jarmo has some brass balls. I do not know if I would have made those moves, but entertaining to watch
Agreed, there's no downside, an offersheet is an attempt to improve your team and at worst you put an opponent in a bind.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Not a fan of this.

D_SOED-WsAAkwcv.png

D_SOFOsWwAAGApO.png

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Obviously the Jets would match any offer, but with all the rumours of the Jets and Laine not being close, why doesn't someone drop a big offersheet on him.

Goal scoring is the hardest thing, and he's largely very good at it.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Fair enough, how long do you plan on giving Holland a break before you stop defending him ? 2 years ? 3 years ?

Dzingel might never have signed here and yes I am a bit edgy with him because it almost appears he thinks the Oiler's are ok with status quo heading into next season.

that's what we get from interviews and direction.

getting paid 3 million to move and shake. Not sit and hope.

It would be nice to see a young GM thinking outside the box to get them out of a tough situation, and he hasn't pulled any strings yet in a positive direction.

If sitting idle waiting for contracts to expire and term to get less is what you consider positive , that comes at a price.. burning off another year of Connor and Leon.

You mean thats what you and a few get. Blame the anchors Chia left Holland with. Can't do much with no money and the only way the Oilers can open up cap space is by attaching either a high pick or a top prospect.

I'm not 'happy' with the inactivity but I'm willing to see what happens after this 'alleged' Lucic signing bonus payout next week before I make judgement.

I'm neither positive nor negative...just a whole lot of meh

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
With the lack of cap we have waiting till a couple of guys get desperate and sign for cheap might not be the worst plan. If we can swing Maroon + Brassard for 3.5 total or something along those lines in a few weeks that’s pretty good.

Reactions: Cypress and frag2

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Obviously the Jets would match any offer, but with all the rumours of the Jets and Laine not being close, why doesn't someone drop a big offersheet on him.

Goal scoring is the hardest thing, and he's largely very good at it.

He looked like a non physical Lucic with a great shot last season . I think teams would be afraid of his inconsistency and the fact that he is far from a complete player.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I saw in a Twitter thread apparently recapping the 31 thoughts podcast where Friedman said Marner is contemplating 12.5 x 7 from NYI but he's afraid Leafs might match.

Wouldn't that imply he DOESNT want to be in Toronto? Sounds like he's okay long term elsewhere but not with the Leaves
Makes little sense... Wasn't it Lou who screwed over Marner on the bonuses?

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Calgary vs Edmonton always amused me. Two mediocre cities, objectively extremely similar, rabidly arguing over which city is more or less mediocre than the other. In the history of Canada, nobody's dying wish has ever been to visit either of these cities.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Makes little sense... Wasn't it Lou who screwed over Marner on the bonuses?

Ya Lou f'd him over but it could just be a Marner upset at organization as a whole. I've said before that this Marner/Matthews thing will probably be a repeat of Sens Daigle/Yashin. The non 1st overall player consistently out performing the 1st overall player but organization keeps pumping up the latter's tires

Reactions: oobga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad