Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Seriously, the ****ing delusion pisses me off as a flames fan; even as a homer, how the **** can fans become so deluded and ill-informed? You have former crazy hfer okg (GuarenteedEV) going off about how Bennett is a better “primary point producer” than RNH and that he doesn’t get a fair chance (he was much worse here), followed by **** like this:

To CGY

RNH - $6
kassian - $2
Picks/Prospects (maybe includes Poolparty who can slot in as rw)

To Edm

Neal - $6
Frolik - $4
Bennett - FA

Followed by:

Get kassian and give up Bennett? :thumbd:

Know why I never bothered signing up. Jesus ****ing Christ....
I've always heard those guys are batshit crazy but I really only figured how much so when I decided to take a stroll over there today. Lol.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
So since this year is basically a right off looking at the roster rn, this would be my plan for next year...

Tank. Hard. Draft Lucas Raymond (my favourite player of the draft, Byfield another option, my 2nd favourite player of the draft)

Sign Galchenyuk as a UFA, only 26 years old. 6-7 years x 6m. Sign Colin Wilson to cheap deal for vet 3lw that's a good locker room guy.

Bouchard ready for NHL, McLeod as well.

Chiasson - Mcdavid - Draisaitl
Galchenyuk - Nuge - Raymond
Wilson - McLeod - X
Khaira - X - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Bouchard

Use that as the basic skeleton of the roster. Dump Russel, try your hardest to try and sign one of Kuemper/Markstrom for goal. Fill in the bottom pairing/3rd line with youngins or cheap signings. Added bonus for being able to dump Lucic.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Seriously, the ****ing delusion pisses me off as a flames fan; even as a homer, how the **** can fans become so deluded and ill-informed? You have former crazy hfer okg (GuarenteedEV) going off about how Bennett is a better “primary point producer” than RNH and that he doesn’t get a fair chance (he was much worse here), followed by **** like this:

To CGY

RNH - $6
kassian - $2
Picks/Prospects (maybe includes Poolparty who can slot in as rw)

To Edm

Neal - $6
Frolik - $4
Bennett - FA

Followed by:

Get kassian and give up Bennett? :thumbd:

Know why I never bothered signing up. Jesus ****ing Christ....
I think HFOil and HFFlames are united in saying Calgary puck is a cesspool.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Let's get crazy. Lucic, Kassian and Bear? for Neal, Bennett, Jankowski

Bennett - McDavid - Neal

Nuge - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi (he signs after realizing nobody wants him)

Nygard - Jankowski - Chiasson

Khaira - Cave/Haas - Granlund

Gagner gets waived I guess.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Let's get crazy. Lucic, Kassian and Bear? for Neal, Bennett, Jankowski

Bennett - McDavid - Neal

Nuge - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi (he signs after realizing nobody wants him)

Nygard - Jankowski - Chiasson

Khaira - Cave/Haas - Granlund

Gagner gets waived I guess.
You're gonna have to throw in Pulju and a 2nd for them to even think about it...

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
You're gonna have to throw in Pulju and a 2nd for them to even think about it...

Yeah I wondered how lite it was but I wasn't going to volunteer to overpay Calgary and maybe they want to over value toughness and pretend Lucic will be amazing in the playoffs.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'd love a deal around

Neal + Bennett

For

Lucic + Puljujarvi

It would take a big add from our side. A 2nd and one of Jones/Bear/Benson/Mcleod. I'd still do it.

Reactions: PistolPete

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Now that Dzingel and Ferland are offically off the market, I guess it's basically down to Maroon vs. Vanek.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jankowski was the best player in his draft... his star has just yet to go full supernova... Flames probably wouldn't trade him for Draisaitl.

It was a dumb statement but he's in the NHL while the dud that we drafted 1st OA in that draft isn't.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
there is some hope on the lucic for ericsson trade in the near future. LE's bonus is on the 15th. Apparently, a media guy who is the mouth piece of the canucks tweeted about LE blocking a trade to edmonton at the deadline.

Benning and LE's agent have been trying to find another home with no luck. The options for LE appear to be Edmonton or the AHL so he probably agrees to waive this time.

I like the trade as it gets the 6 mill off the books one year sooner. LE is a very good PK / 4th line player so he has some usefulness, not just worth his contract. I would even be ok with a small sweetener to get the deal done.

Lucic is a decent guy who I hope finds happiness in Vancouver closer to his family.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'd love a deal around

Neal + Bennett

For

Lucic + Puljujarvi

It would take a big add from our side. A 2nd and one of Jones/Bear/Benson/Mcleod. I'd still do it.

Sounds like Neal is all in this off-season, working with Gary Roberts. While Lucic is probably chilling with celebs in LA trying to improve his bench press and curl max weights and body fat %.

I would be all over a Lucic/Neal swap personally, even if we have to add a bit.

Reactions: frag2

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
neal is older, scored less and does not add any value beyond scoring (intangibles). The only reason he is a consideration is that his contract can be bought out and there is a small hope that he can defy the standard free fall that 32 year old declining power forwards always follow.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
If not, he should be. Guy cant skate well enough anymore and we’d regret signing him.

I don't know if it's possible to regret signing a player to a one year deal using cap space we were never going to use otherwise.

He would've been our fourth best forward last year with his production.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don't know if it's possible to regret signing a player to a one year deal using cap space we were never going to use otherwise.

He would've been our fourth best forward last year with his production.

I would regret how no one could make the jokes about how few goals "cap space" scored for us if we used it all up.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
There is no point in getting down in the dumps guys.. just adding an effective Bouchard to this line up will be huge.

I’d be happy with that alone for next year. Of course I’m disappointed we didn’t get our wingers but we don’t know what they think of Benson for example..

Maybe their lineup they are drawing up there includes Benson and Bouchard or some other prospects.. we aren’t the experts at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad