Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Goldobin might make a good pickup. If they sign Ferland, they’re going to have no capspace (8.5 for Ferland and Boeser) or roster spots (15 forwards without Goldobin). He has 41 points in 101 games over the last 2 years. Offer a mid-late pick, a prospect like Safin, or even just offer sheet him for 1.3, and not give them anything

North

Jun 25, 2009
while true, they're a much improved team with Myers, Ferland and Miller

the Oilers added old-man Smith and Granlund...and some unknown Euro guys (thus far)lol

Myers is not that good. They are going to be begging to unload contract.

Ferland , meh he slowed down substantially last half of the season.

Miller is okay but they paid a heavy price for him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Goldobin might make a good pickup. If they sign Ferland, they’re going to have no capspace (8.5 for Ferland and Boeser) or roster spots (15 forwards without Goldobin). He has 41 points in 101 games over the last 2 years. Offer a mid-late pick, a prospect like Safin, or even just offer sheet him for 1.3, and not give them anything
Would it be smart to offer sheet the one team that it seems Lucic would go play for?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

All 3 of those guys make them better and improve depth. They are likely to be playing playoff hockey before the Oilers do again.

Reactions: joestevens29

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

the point is, they've improved their depth

yes, it might cost them soon in term of capspace and bad contracts but they are better today than on April 10th

the Canucks were already a better team than us last year and they've added pieces...that's concerning

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If this is true I will *****

Even if it is, there’s no way Holland was signing anyone outside of Nyquist to a multi year deal this offseason (2 years for Chiasson notwithstanding, you had to give him another year or he would have gone elsewhere for term).

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
while true, they're a much improved team with Myers, Ferland and Miller

the Oilers added old-man Smith and Granlund...and some unknown Euro guys (thus far)lol
I'll take the one year deals over term on depth players any day at this stage. Next season the cap opens up and we have the opportunity to add one or two pieces on July 1st. I'd rather not have $4m tied up in a third liner for the next four years.

Vancouver is still a stretch to finish in the Wildcard. This 'improvement' will be very short lived. The cap impact? Not so much.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'll take the one year deals over term on depth players any day at this stage. Next season the cap opens up and we have the opportunity to add one or two pieces on July 1st. I'd rather not have $4m tied up in a third liner for the next four years.

Vancouver is still a stretch to finish in the Wildcard. This 'improvement' will be very short lived. The cap impact? Not so much.

This. I really don’t give a shit if Vancouver is better than us next year. They’re burning their cap space on guys that aren’t difference makers.

I’d much rather have cap next season to add something significant.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

I'm not advocating signing Ferland to a 4-year deal but I am concerned that every team in our division is improving while the Oilers get marginally better...and I'm well aware how hamstrung the Oilers are due to being in cap hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad