Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Seriously Chia. We need wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd trade Spooner and Manning for Ceci. That's about the most I'd be comfortable with.

No reason for Ottawa to do that. Puljujarvi is the piece they will ask for. Then they can ice a vaunted Puljujarvi-Paajarvi Oilers washout line.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I know I'll get some backlash for this, but is it really Chia's MO to give up prospects? Especially ones he likes.

The last (and only) time he gave up a high pick or well regarded prospect was 2015, 3 and a half years ago.

He gave up on Wheeler in his third season even though he had numbers that would embarass Puljujarvi. He gave up on Seguin, was willing to let Kessel walk for picks he had no idea would've been that high.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
can someone explain to me where the Ceci talk is coming from? Also--any deal for him we send back loonie for loonie at this point in time

Was on Stauffer show today with Friedman, Stauff asking if Ceci may be available for the Oilers and that Chia likes him.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Personally I think the Oilers need a forward instead of focussing on a multitude of depth dmen.

They are likely going to trade away a forward asset (not that they have a lot in terms of decent forward assets beyond the big 3)... but they are going to further weaken the tiny forward depth they have by shipping out a forward for another mediocre dman.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Personally I think the Oilers need a forward instead of focussing on a multitude of depth dmen.

They are likely going to trade away a forward asset (not that they have a lot in terms of decent forward assets beyond the big 3)... but they are going to further weaken the tiny forward depth they have by shipping out a forward for another mediocre dman.

At this point Chiarelli is desperate and swinging for the fences on Hitchcock playing 2-1 hockey to save his job. He knows he's completely f***ed the forwards. The play is to give Hitch like 20 D and pray some combination thereof + playing boring hockey + riding McDavid into the ground at 29 minutes a night can get a wild card spot.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I agree but keep hearing they are targeting guys like Muzzin, Ceci, Faulk, Pesce, another top 4 D. Seem intent on building the D once and for all, next year have Bouchard coming, maybe Persson. I imagine Benning and Sekera are as good as gone from here. Who knows if they resign Petrovic who is a 5/6/7 anyway.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

We have enough depth defensemen and that is without even having to dip into the minors with guys like Bear, Lagesson, Lowe, etc. Meanwhile Nuge gets stuck with at least one struggling winger daily.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The Vegas Golden Knights have assigned Brandon Pirri to the Chicago Wolves.

how do we get this guy
Why would they assign him the guy has been lighting it up since recalled and his AHL numbers this year are stupid

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
have suit case will travel for him

He could be an interesting pick up--RW-what could go wrong

To the best of my memory he is smallish, can't skate worth a crap but scores goals. I'd claim him simply because he can shoot the damn puck. Toss him on the LW with RNH and Puljujarvi/Chiasson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad