Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Seriously Chia. We need wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Friedman said later in the interview and i put it in my ninja edit that our GM really likes Ceci so that must be why his name keeps getting tied to the Oilers.
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Codi Ceci would be the Oilers 2nd highest paid defenseman this year . The only player I would trade for Ceci is Lucic.

(In my original post I had his salary this year at $5.6M. This was a mistake. Thanks to D&C for pointing this out.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's probably too long ago now, but do you have a source? First I've heard of this. If so, monumentally stupid move on his part.
The only person who ever reported it was Dreger.

It's very likely not true.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The only thing that would confirm anyway is that Chiarelli and Melnyk are the two dumbest people in hockey, dumber than we thought.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Codi Ceci would be the Oilers 2nd highest paid defenseman this year and the highest next year since his QO is $5.6M. The only player I would trade for Ceci is Lucic.

So what you're saying is that Chia will trade Klef or Nuge for him? "Too many lhd!"

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Codi Ceci would be the Oilers 2nd highest paid defenseman this year and the highest next year since his QO is $5.6M. The only player I would trade for Ceci is Lucic.

How is his QO 5.6? His salery for this year is 4.3. (still zero chance I'd re-sign him)

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Thanks. I misread the salary! NOw I only feel slightly sick!! o_O

If I remember correctly that was his ridiculous ask going into arbitration, so I can see where you got the number from.

Still it's a bit of a Jultz-like (or Maroon) situation or even Perty's final season here; and I wouldn't mind being the team to actually take advantage of these things. Especially when Ceci's (limited) skill set actually does fit with what the Oilers need atm.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi
Benning
Spooner @500k retained

for

Ceci

I can see Chia doing it.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If I remember correctly that was his ridiculous ask going into arbitration, so I can see where you got the number from.

Still it's a bit of a Jultz-like (or Maroon) situation, and I wouldn't mind being the team to actually take advantage of these things. Especially when Ceci's (limited) skill set actually does fit with what the Oilers need atm.
If the price is Spooner then we might be talking if you can also get him to resign for say $2M or less. But I am afraid the ask will be JP and a pick or better prospect ie) something absolutely insane.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If the price is Spooner then we might be talking if you can also get him to resign for say $2M or less. But I am afraid the ask will be JP and a pick or better prospect ie) something absolutely insane.

I know I'll get some backlash for this, but is it really Chia's MO to give up prospects? Especially ones he likes.

The last (and only) time he gave up a high pick or well regarded prospect was 2015, 3 and a half years ago.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It's probably too long ago now, but do you have a source? First I've heard of this. If so, monumentally stupid move on his part.

Dreger on the radio:

“And these two clubs came real close to making a pretty big trade not that long ago and just couldn’t get it done, and that trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci – so it would have been Hall for Ceci – but had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson”

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I know I'll get some backlash for this, but is it really Chia's MO to give up prospects? Especially ones he likes.

The last (and only) time he gave up a high pick or well regarded prospect was 2015, 3 and a half years ago.

What's the difference between prospect and young promising player for you? Blake Wheeler still hadn't come into his own yet when Chiarelli traded him. Seguin was probably past that dividing line when traded but still pretty young - obviously a high pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad