Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread III: Insert clever title here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If Chai's unable to get good value straight up for the 4th, I wonder if he could trade down and snag a top 4 damn and a mid first, and then flip that for another top 4.

For example...

• the 4th for Green + the 15th.
  • Then the 15th and Fayne at 2mil for Myers.

You walk out of the draft with a defence of...

Klefbom-Myers
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Oesterle/Gyrba/Nurse

... and your forward core still intact. Not the greatest, but it lets the team get back to respectability. Plus you've still got other valuable trading blocks (RNH), so you're not completely handcuffed in making upgrades.

The best case I'm hoping for is something around RNH+the 4th for Faulk and the Carolina 1st; then doing the same second deal for a Myers (or equivalent).

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I thought the Zboral pick was good. Debris and Syntshyn were bad picks, especially with Barzal, Connor and Svetcnikov available but I guess time will tell.

Atleast Zboril was some what in the range. Him over Ek-Eriksson, White, Chabot was completely defensible. Sensyshyn pick came from left field and not really defensible, even at the time. Debrusk as well

Any of the picks over Barzal and Connor were bad picks from day 1. Both guys were rated much, much higher. Zboril over the other guys was an ok pick. Again unfortunate for Bruins that Zborils offensive game went into the toilet draft +1. Looks like a Musil pick

The 2015 draft wasnt hard. Connor, Barzal. Both were considered potential top 10 picks and slam dunk top 15 picks

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Chai's unable to get good value straight up for the 4th, I wonder if he could trade down and snag a top 4 damn and a mid first, and then flip that for another top 4.

For example...

• the 4th for Green + the 15th.
  • Then the 15th and Fayne at 2mil for Myers.

You walk out of the draft with a defence of...

Klefbom-Myers
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Oesterle/Gyrba/Nurse

... and your forward core still intact. Not the greatest, but it lets the team get back to respectability. Plus you've still got other valuable trading blocks (RNH), so you're not completely handcuffed in making upgrades.

I posted this in draft thread as some ideas for trade downs:

Ideal situation is to trade down to 8-11 and get an NHL D + that pick. In 8-11 you have a legit shot a 2, or forsure 1 of the top 3 D. But then you also have a 100% shot at McAvoy or Fabbro. Hell you could trade down to around 15, get a better NHL D and still get 1 of them

My top candidates are Montreal and Colorado. I know Petry left here on a semi bad note, but I think he didnt dislike Edmonton much and wouldnt mind a return. He is almost a perfect candidate for a trade down.

4th for 9th + Petry
4th for 10th + Barrie
4th for 11th + Severson
4th for 15th + Spurgeron
4th for 17th + Ellis
4th for 19th + Hamonic
4th+Yak for 22nd + Trouba
4th for 24th + Vatanen

(add to 4th whatever to get them). Bolded are best moves for me. Others are some suggestions

Really any trade down gives you a NHL D + a shot at one of top 3 D or Mcavoy/Fabbro or Bean

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Ideal situation is to trade down to 8-11 and get an NHL D + that pick. In 8-11 you have a legit shot a 2, or forsure 1 of the top 3 D. But then you also have a 100% shot at McAvoy or Fabbro. Hell you could trade down to around 15, get a better NHL D and still get 1 of them

My top candidates are Montreal and Colorado. I know Petry left here on a semi bad note, but I think he didnt dislike Edmonton much and wouldnt mind a return. He is almost a perfect candidate for a trade down.

4th for 9th + Petry
4th for 10th + Barrie
4th for 11th + Severson
4th for 15th + Spurgeron
4th for 17th + Ellis
4th for 19th + Hamonic
4th for 24th + Vatanen

(add to 4th whatever to get them). Bolded are best moves for me. Others are some suggestions

Really any trade down gives you a NHL D + a shot at one of top 3 D or Mcavoy/Fabbro or Bean

Some good options there, though I would definitely still look to trade the returned pick. If you can walk out of this draft with a defence that's set up and locked in for the next several years, who needs that pick.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chiarellis handling of Davidson is how you handle bottom pairing D

Chiarelli comes in- hasnt seen Davidson yet, signs him to one year deal as a show me deal. Doesnt let him go, retains a promising guy

Davidson goes on to break out. Looks mighty good. Gives him a 2 year deal, 1.3 next year, 1.55 year after. No risk, low $, solid deal. No 4 year deals, no 2+ mil deals

jeg

Jun 16, 2015

4th for 9th + Petry
4th for 10th + Barrie
4th for 11th + Severson
4th for 15th + Spurgeron
4th for 17th + Ellis
4th for 19th + Hamonic
4th for 24th + Vatanen

Love the idea of these trades

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
We should voluntarily upgrade that second-round draft choice owed to Boston just out of pity.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just read a few of the most recent pages of the Sweeney thread on the Bruins board. There are two posts wanting to trade players to us for Chiarelli. :biglaugh:

Looks like the Sweeney honeymoon is over.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Can't believe Bruins fans are still backing Sweeney over Chiarelli. I think he might legit be the worst GM in the league right now.

To be fair, Bruins fans don't like either.

One inherited most of his core and drafted like **** over the course of a decade while the other has made numerous glaring errors in one year of being GM.

For the record I will admit I would rather still have Chiarelli. Overrated but probably atleast an average GM. I have not liked path the Bruins have been going down for while now.

Good luck to the Oil, they are my #2 team.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Some good options there, though I would definitely still look to trade the returned pick. If you can walk out of this draft with a defence that's set up and locked in for the next several years, who needs that pick.

I agree. Bets option is to parlay that 4th for 2 NHL D. It keeps forwards in tact and builds D. I do not think forwards are ready to have training wheels removed and take out RNH or Eberle (or both). We simply do not have enough offense. Stars can outscore issues, we cant.

My ideal offseason would be 4th for 19th + Hamonic, then 19th for Vatanen. Add where needed

This way, you come out with 2 NHL top 4 RHD. Combined they make under 8 mil probably, which is great. And both play styles we need

McDavid, Hall, Drasaitl, RNH, Eberle, Maroon, Pouliot upfront
Klefbom, Hamonic, Sekera, Vatanen, Davidson on D

Deal Eberle or someone in a year or 2 when cap is needed

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The one big thing myself and many others seem to overlook: This is a Neely issue. Chiarelli had same issues Sweeney has now (bad drafting, signing depth guys for a lot, trading young stars for nothing) but once he left Boston hes been solid with a great draft, good depth signings and good trades

I think hes like Lowe in Edmonton. They are parasites who inject themselves into any new GM and exerts all the influence. Remember they can veteo any trade and have final say in deals. Like we saw in Behind the B's Seguin trade, hes heavily involved

It tooks Oilers 4 last place finishes and years of sucking to remove Lowe. How long does Neely have?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
We should voluntarily upgrade that second-round draft choice owed to Boston just out of pity.

Haha and even more bad luck for them, if we OS someone using 2017 picks as compensation, the 2nds can be changed to 2018 2nd thanks to an NHLPA grievance.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Haha and even more bad luck for them, if we OS someone using 2017 picks as compensation, the 2nds can be changed to 2018 2nd thanks to an NHLPA grievance.

we should offer sheet someone every year that costs a 2nd round pick :)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Actually ive updated me ideal off season

4th for Hamonic + 19th
19th for Ryan Ellis

Ellis and Vatanen are equal IMO but Ellis makes 3.5 for 3 more years. Coudl get both Ellis and Hamonic for 7 mil

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just read a few of the most recent pages of the Sweeney thread on the Bruins board. There are two posts wanting to trade players to us for Chiarelli. :biglaugh:

Looks like the Sweeney honeymoon is over.

There are still holdouts who think Chiarelli is a much worse GM.

They haven't quite reconciled yet that the new management group is doing the same thing as the old management group with regards to bad contracts. It looks like it might even be getting worse too, almost as if brakes on bad decision making have been taken off since Chia was fired :laugh:

The fans there are also probably unaware that most of the negotiations to bring Chia on board as GM of the Oilers centered around Chiarelli demanding full control of the on ice product, suggesting(along with many rumors) that he didn't have that type of autonomy in Boston.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Actually ive updated me ideal off season

4th for Hamonic + 19th
19th for Ryan Ellis

Ellis and Vatanen are equal IMO but Ellis makes 3.5 for 3 more years. Coudl get both Ellis and Hamonic for 7 mil

Looks good to me but i'm guessing Nashville would want a roster player in return. They're very much in the "win now" mode.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Looks good to me but i'm guessing Nashville would want a roster player in return. They're very much in the "win now" mode.
They're going to lose Ellis in the expansion draft. Josi, Weber, and Ekholm will be the 3 defenseman protected

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
They're going to lose Ellis in the expansion draft. Josi, Weber, and Ekholm will be the 3 defenseman protected

Or they protect 8.
Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis on D
Johansen, Forsberg, Neal, Wilson on D

I'd rather lose Craig Smith, Fisher, Jankrok over Ellis

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Actually speaking of the Bruins, one player I wouldn't mind giving a PTO to is Liles if he goes unsigned. It all depends on your opinion of Oesterle, but considering I don't see him as a long term option, I'd rather target the vet.

I'll use the names I suggested on the last page, but it's on the same wavelength as what 4thlineforlife is proposing (clearly great minds think alike :laugh: )

Klefbom-Myers
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Liles (long term this is Nurse's spot)
Gyrba

AHL:
Musil-Nurse(paired with a established defencive defenceman, so Darnell can work on his all-round game)
Simpson-Clendening(more or less getting Hunt's role)
Betker-Laleggia

Just over the horizon:
Paigin, Bear, Jones

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Actually speaking of the Bruins, one player I wouldn't mind giving a PTO to is Liles if he goes unsigned. It all depends on your opinion of Oesterle, but considering I don't see him as a long term option, I'd rather target the vet.

I'll use the names I suggested on the last page, but it's on the same wavelength as what 4thlineforlife is proposing (clearly great minds think alike :laugh: )

Klefbom-Myers
Sekera-Green
Davidson-Liles (long term this is Nurse's spot)
Gyrba

AHL:
Musil-Nurse(paired with a established defencive defenceman, so Darnell can work on his all-round game)
Simpson-Clendening(more or less getting Hunt's role)
Betker-Laleggia

Just over the horizon:
Paigin, Bear, Jones

I got time for Liles. Although I also would be suprised to see Osterle beat him out. Osterle is like Davidson from 2 years ago. He had some pro experience, now has an offseason to digest it, train and come to camp that much better. But Liles on a PTO would be a solid option. If he struggles, see ya later. If he excels, you have a good #6 vet PMD

That #6 spot next year is going to be a fun battle. Probably 5 players min going for it. Osterle, Gryba, Faybe(?), Nurse, reinhart, maybe Musil, UFA/PTO

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I got time for Liles. Although I also would be suprised to see Osterle beat him out. Osterle is like Davidson from 2 years ago. He had some pro experience, now has an offseason to digest it, train and come to camp that much better. But Liles on a PTO would be a solid option. If he struggles, see ya later. If he excels, you have a good #6 vet PMD

Liles had a pretty strong season, so I'd be surprised if the only offer he gets is a PTO. As a Canes fan, IMO, he'd be a good pick-up for the Oilers and he'd be cheap. He can play right or left, he was a fantastic mentor for the Canes young D, he was used in all situations (PK, ES, PP) and still can skate well and effectively move the puck. I was leery when the Canes picked him up from Toronto, but he did well. If Hainsey or Wiz were UFAs this year instead of next, I'd have no problem with Canes re-signing him for a couple years.

He's a stabilizing presence on the blue line and think he'd do well with the Oilers (as long as he doesn't cost too much or want too much term).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad