Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
20 man roster

Sign hyman 5 mil
Sign Halak 2.5mil

Bring Robertson into roster.

They have 1m in cap space left so enough for an extra....

Its literally the same team they had last year less Thornton and F.Andersen, Bogosion (replaced by Sandin)

They will pay a UFA less than Hyman - because they're better off trying to get two players for Hyman's cost than 1.

But they can sign him to an identical contract and bring back the same team - so it's not like it's some absurd idea.

You really showed me.

Handcuff your team with a 20 man roster for an entire season and be unable to call anyone up when an injury happens.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

its amusing how tsn and sportsnet both treat dubass like he's some sort of genius

Little hobbit lookalike with a big head, Chris Jhonston, Is a Leaf nut sucker. He is doing little Dubas' work in the media. Remember when he called the Leafs a Juggernaut? LOLLLL

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Why are you here?

Tbh the Oilers are my second team - if I had to root for anyone non toronto it would be them. I hover around here frequently but saw someone talking about the Leafs consciously deciding not to pay Hyman the contract hes going to get and people shitting on that saying it's not possible when it very much is.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
You really showed me.

Handcuff your team with a 20 man roster for an entire season and be unable to call anyone up when an injury happens.

It says in the post there is enough for an extra - 21 man roster is what they would run with or without Hyman - like a lot of capped out teams do.

North

Jun 25, 2009
20 man roster

Sign hyman 5 mil
Sign Halak 2.5mil

Bring Robertson into roster.

They have 1m in cap space left so enough for an extra....

Its literally the same team they had last year less Thornton and F.Andersen, Bogosion (replaced by Sandin)

They will pay a UFA less than Hyman - because they're better off trying to get two players for Hyman's cost than 1.

But they can sign him to an identical contract and bring back the same team - so it's not like it's some absurd idea.

So basically everything you say proves the point that you can’t afford him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
It says in the post there is enough for an extra - 21 man roster is what they would run with or without Hyman - like a lot of capped out teams do.

Maybe one day they can even ice a full team.

Honest question for you. After giving up all those draft picks and prospects and still icing a worse team than last year, why do leaf fans think this team can make it past the first round?

Reactions: North

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
So basically everything you say proves the point that you can’t afford him.

It's the identical team that the Leafs ran swapping out Thornton/Bogosion for younger guys that make the exact same amount of money.

If they were subtracting other pieces to make it fit then yes the idea they can't afford him would hold up. They can bring back last years team with him signed - that means they can afford him if they wanted to.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe one day they can even ice a full team.

Honest question for you. After giving up all those draft picks and prospects and still icing a worse team than last year, why do leaf fans think this team can make it past the first round?

No theyll still lose in the first round they're perennial chokers. That wasn't the point though.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
It's the identical team that the Leafs ran swapping out Thornton/Bogosion for younger guys that make the exact same amount of money.

If they were subtracting other pieces to make it fit then yes the idea they can't afford him would hold up. They can bring back last years team with him signed - that means they can afford him if they wanted to.

Kinda like how I "can afford" to put in a new pool but I'd have to pass on paying my mortgage or only feed some of my family?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Get Tatar on a cheap 1 year deal, say 3.5m…

Hyman - Mcdavid - Pulju
Nuge - Drai - Yams
Tatar - Mcleod - Kassian
Shore - Glendening - Archibald

Probably the best we can do since I don’t see Holland moving Kassian or making a splash for a legit 3c.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Kinda like how I "can afford" to put in a new pool but I'd have to pass on paying my mortgage or only feed some of my family?

Only if you currently can't afford to pay your mortgage or feed your family does the analogy work but if that's the case then sure!

Why is this hard? Bringing back the same roster that (outperformed edmonton btw) last year and still choked (cause the leafs are still losers either way) with hyman afforded is somehow laughable when the math is right there for you.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Little hobbit lookalike with a big head, Chris Jhonston, Is a Leaf nut sucker. He is doing little Dubas' work in the media. Remember when he called the Leafs a Juggernaut? LOLLLL

That article is cringey as f***. From the "Powerful" Dubas pose to the "bending the knee" quote. It's like they're making him out to be some sort of Deity. Only in TO :laugh:

North

Jun 25, 2009

No they can’t. If you want to ice a full team, you can’t. Head in the sand this all you want but even your own posts bear that out.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Only if you currently can't afford to pay your mortgage or feed your family does the analogy work but if that's the case then sure!

Why is this hard? Bringing back the same roster that (outperformed edmonton btw) last year and still choked (cause the leafs are still losers either way) with hyman afforded is somehow laughable when the math is right there for you.

You're honestly not worth my time. Go back to whatever hole you came from.

By your own math thats Hyman at 5M with a backup gets 2.5M for 7.5 of your remaining 9.3M cap. That leaves you pressed up against the cap with 1.8M left and only 19 players. If you want to ice a full roster of 23 skaters, you wouldnt be able to with a minimum of 750k owed to players. That means you're capping out at a 21 man roster that will have problems bringing people up and down when an injury occurs.

So yeah its "possible" if you want to shoot yourself in the foot.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
No they can’t. If you want to ice a full team, you can’t. Head in the sand this all you want but even your own posts bear that out.

I mean you can put your fingers in your ears and refuse to math it out but its doable running a 21 man roster which has 1 spare every night - something they did last year frequently (taxi squad existed but on the active roster they one had one extra).

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
You're honestly not worth my time. Go back to whatever hole you came from.

By your own math thats Hyman at 5M with a backup gets 2.5M for 7.5 of your remaining 9.3M cap. That leaves you pressed up against the cap with 1.8M left and only 19 players. If you want to ice a full roster of 23 skaters, you wouldnt be able to with a minimum of 750k owed to players. That means you're capping out at a 21 man roster that will have problems bringing people up and down when an injury occurs.

So yeah its "possible" if you want to shoot yourself in the foot.

Robertson is 730k so 20 men with 1.1 left.

Extra for 800k - 21 man roster with 300k left.

Theyve run a 21 man roster for the last 2 years. It's nothing new and theyll do it next year without Hyman.... to accrue cap space during the season.

Again - same roster less Freddy and replacing Thornton/Bogosion with young guys. It's just facts - it doesnt have to be personal.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I mean you can put your fingers in your ears and refuse to math it out but its doable running a 21 man roster which has 1 spare every night - something they did last year frequently (taxi squad existed but on the active roster they one had one extra).

Which is not a full roster.

It doesn’t matter if it’s the same as last year. It just shows that they were cap strapped last year too.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Theyve run a 21 man roster for the last 2 years. It's nothing new and theyll do it next year without Hyman.... to accrue cap space during the season.

Again - same roster less Freddy and replacing Thornton/Bogosion with young guys. It's just facts - it doesnt have to be personal.

Okay well good luck with that. Can you leave now?

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Which is not a full roster.

It doesn’t matter if it’s the same as last year. It just shows that they were cap strapped last year too.

The argument was they can't afford Hyman. The goalposts have shifted to they cant have a full 23 man roster. They will run 21 men without Hyman. Their AHL team is in Toronto and they bring one extra on the road. When they're at home they shift guys to the minors to accrue daily cap space and run a 20 man roster every day.

They've done it for years and even if they didn't sign Hyman theyll do it this year too... so they can afford Hyman.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

What's the point of this? Coming here to scare the Oilers fanbase that Dubas may teach Edmonton a lesson for not giving up a good pick?
Time to move on... 8yr offer is no longer on the table now that the draft is over. TML are not a factor anymore.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The argument was they can't afford Hyman. The goalposts have shifted to they cant have a full 23 man roster. They will run 21 men without Hyman. Their AHL team is in Toronto and they bring one extra on the road. When they're at home they shift guys to the minors to accrue daily cap space and run a 20 man roster every day.

They've done it for years and even if they didn't sign Hyman theyll do it this year too... so they can afford Hyman.

The goalposts never shifted.

In order to ice a full roster you can’t afford Hyman.

Byeeeeeeeeee.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
What's the point of this? Coming here to scare the Oilers fanbase that Dubas may teach Edmonton a lesson for not giving up a good pick?
Time to move on... 8yr offer is no longer on the table now that the draft is over. TML are not a factor anymore.

No - it was in response to Oilers fans actually quoting another Oilers fan saying the Leafs couldnt afford Hyman and laughing at the poster saying it's not possible without actually doing the work to back it up.

I actually hope Hyman does great in Edmonton. Hes a great player - the contract hes gonna get is nutty though.

Reactions: LTIR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad