Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yes with McDavid and Drai threatening to leave the team if no success comes, we need a prospect ready in 3-4 years when they’re gone :thumbu:
A goalie prospect would have been longer. This guy could make an impact soon. What prospects are you willing to offer? Samurokov? Broberg?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Ummm yes to both? Hahaha
The only prospect off the table for me is Bouchard, Holloway. Everyone else could go for the right price.
Same here. If something legit and meaningful could be added, I would put anybody else on the table. Very small chance any of them contribute anything during our window.

Reactions: McVirginOil

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I really love when people use personal stats to judge players from bad teams. It will be the same when they dismiss personal stats and call them the product of the team

The gong show of people not understanding analytics is never ending

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Xavier walks in the dressing room
Xavier: Where's Connor and Leon???
-everyone else laughs-

RNH - "Sit down sonny and let me tell you some stories of when I once played with the best player in the world..."

I guarantee my fandom will go where McDavid goes. This team will instantly be relegated to the back up team I root for.

Reactions: McAsuno

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What's next for Eichel, Sabres? Where do talks stand between Leafs, Oilers for Hyman? - TSN.ca

Is there a scenario where Jack Eichel isn't moved and has to return to the Sabres? Where do the Canadiens and Jets stand on the trade market? TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Darren Dreger discuss these topics and discuss the latest on Zach Hyman and the work that needs to get done between the Maple Leafs and Oilers.
I can't believe there is this much work and speculation to hand over a 7th round pick.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No but you get more than a dog shit 38 year old 5.5 million dollar defenseman since that's negative value.
Duncan Keith contract aside is a guy who was playing 23 minutes + in the nhl last year. If you don’t think he’s an improvement over Russell, Jones, Lagesson and Koekkoek I’m not sure what to tell you.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Duncan Keith contract aside is a guy who was playing 23 minutes + in the nhl last year. If you don’t think he’s an improvement over Russell, Jones, Lagesson and Koekkoek I’m not sure what to tell you.
I mean, he is, but not at the salary he makes. That's an incredibly low bar to leap over.

If he's playing 23 minutes a night for the Oilers you can say good night to any hopes of a lengthy season.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Primarily all of the goalies that end up good take 5 or more years to become elite. Sure, they might play in the NHL in 2-3 years, but they rarely ever end up 60+ game starters by then. Spencer Knight has played what like 5 NHL games? He likely has another season where he is in a tandem role and then if he succeeds could be 60 game starter.

Reactions: Magnum23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad