Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
How is that a loss for Vancouver? Even if we’re super conservative and call OEL a top 4 dman, that’s a top 4 dman and a top 6 forward for basically the same cap they were spending on 3 4th liners (or maybe even less)
Difference is term. That spending of the 4th liners ends this year. OEL could be the next seabrook before LTIR

Reactions: Oilhawks

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Okay looking back at the trade OEL contract is a doozy and Van probably lost unless OEL plays like OEL again, which isn’t likely.

Sad Garland is gone though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
How is that a loss for Vancouver? Even if we’re super conservative and call OEL a top 4 dman, that’s a top 4 dman and a top 6 forward for basically the same cap they were spending on 3 4th liners (or maybe even less)

That OEL contract is hella long. I do give Vancouver some credit, Arizona retained at least some of it.

Depends honestly if OEL rebounds. If he turns out to be a top 4 dman, Vancouver probably did pretty well. Theres so much risk for Vancouver in that trade though.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah... my gut reaction was Vancouver dumped a lot of garbage but looking at it... Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel were all up after this year. They added a 7M problem defenseman and traded the 9th overall pick for a few million in short term cap space and Connor Garland.

They might be a better team for it but I'm not sure by how much. It seems desperate.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
its so annoying to see mutiple posts for days about Hyman signing with Edmonton, but other good players are avail and this organization is so fixated on 1 fn third liner

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Who bounces back more in the next two years: OEL or Keith?
That’s tough, OEL has age but Keith is actually slightly better than OEL imo. Keith is like a Barrie with worse offence and OEL is just really really bad. We’ll see what happens but maybe Keith? But most likely neither bounce back lol

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Incoming gigantic albatross we have to deal with for the next 8 mf’ing years

I mean, he will be a very effective player if his knees hold up for the next half decade.

The term is long, but I"m not sure you how can consider the contract an albatross immediately. Kind of ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad