Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Boston Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still amazed they let the guy they were going to fire do anything the last month he was here. Speaks volumes about Nicholson’s job performance.
The scouts that advised him are still our scouts. The assistants that surrounded him during his tenure have all been promoted. His right hand man is the current GM in standing...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This whole thing stemmed from someone saying that they would only take 3 centers in the league over Drai

To be fair I said given his age and contract theres only like 5 center in the league Id take over him. Theres centers who are better but theyre also older or have shorter contracts. I mean theres no way Id trade Draisaitl for Crosby or Malkin even given the age differential.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So let's look at both RNH and Drai away from McDavid the past 2 seasons for fun. If you have them average second line minutes....1050 Draisaitl: 35 points
RNH: 35points

Draisaitl and RNH are actually equal at center and Nuge is only an average 2c. Nuge is also substantially better defensively.

The difference is that Drai is dominate on the wing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
To be fair I said given his age and contract theres only like 5 center in the league Id take over him. Theres center who are better but theyre also older or have shorter contracts. I mean theres no way Id trade Draisaitl for Crosby or Malkin even given the age differential.
Okay. Barzal, MacKinnon, Point, Barkov, Schiefele, Eichel, Matthews if you want a center around a similar age are all better for the dollar, as a center.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So let's look at both RNH and Drai away from McDavid the past 2 seasons for fun. If you have them average second line minutes....1050 Draisaitl: 35 points

Draisaitl and RNH are actually equal at center and Nuge is only an average 2c. Nuge is also substantially better defensively.

Why not look back 3 seasons or compare their playoff abilities?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Another quote for K. Gretzky's interview with The Athletic:

What do you think is the biggest area of concern for the roster – character or the level of talent?
You need talent. But when you score four or five goals, you should be able to win. I think it’s just details and staying with the details and being focused away from the puck, too.
At least someone in management recognizes the need for talent.

He also said they haven't talked to Talbot and Chiasson about extensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: A91

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cause 2 playoff rounds is such a small sample size.

Okay I'll look back 3 seasons.

Averaging 1050 points for a second liner.

Draisaitl: 36 points
RNH: 28 points

These numbers show that Nuge has taken a step forward as a center last year. Nuge has also had some pretty bad wingers these last 3 years.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Okay. Barzal, MacKinnon, Point, Barkov, Schiefele, Eichel, Matthews if you want a center around a similar age are all better for the dollar, as a center.
Couple of those players got signed before they blew up offensively especially Mackinnon/Schiefele. Eichel is making 10 million and he still needs guys like Skinner/Reinhart to help him produce what hes producing right now. Itd be different if he was putting up the numbers he was putting up with similar linemates Drais has had centering his own line.

So you picked seasons where literally neither of them had even half decent wing options? As I said if you swapped Mcdavid and him and Mcdavid was the winger its not like the level of play suddenly drops the guy is better on the dot than Mcdavid and has played the role his entire way up to the NHL its not like we are talking about trying to get Hall to play center here.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Take one playoffs series out and Draisaitl is a 7M player.
RNH is finally playing like a 6M player.
Drai is better but as 2C I would take Nuge over him right now

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
OK centermen Id trade Drai straight up for at this point Mcdavid, Aho, Mackinnon, Monahan, Petersson, and thats about it when you take into account age and contracts. HM to Schiefele but he;s getting long in the tooth at 25. Matthews and Eichel are both overpaid for the contract they got. Eichel especially. I dont know enough about Point, so maybe he'd be on the list as well. The moral of the story is there's very few centermen in the league Id trade Draisaitl straight up for, given how long it will take to build the team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Cause 2 playoff rounds is such a small sample size.

Okay I'll look back 3 seasons.

Averaging 1050 points for a second liner.

Draisaitl: 36 points
RNH: 28 points

These numbers show that Nuge has taken a step forward as a center last year. Nuge has also had some pretty bad wingers these last 3 years.

Nuge is 3 years older and on a shorter contract. Nuge has never scored 30 goals in a season even playing with Mcdavid. Nuge also struggles in board battles. Draisaitl is hands down the better player, and every idication is that Draisaitl will continue to progress similar to how Nuge did going forward. You dont trade Draisaitl unless youre getting a superstar package back for him.

Reactions: harpoon

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
OK centermen Id trade Drai straight up for at this point Mcdavid, Aho, Mackinnon, Monahan, Petersson, and thats about it when you take into account age and contracts. HM to Schiefele but he;s getting long in the tooth at 25. Matthews and Eichel are both overpaid for the contract they got. Eichel especially. I dont know enough about Point, so maybe he'd be on the list as well. The moral of the story is there's very few centermen in the league Id trade Draisaitl straight up for, given how long it will take to build the team.
Barkov makes 2.6 mill less, signed for 3 more years instead of 6 and is about equal offensively most years and does it without McDavid while also being like...light years better defensively

Bangers

May 31, 2006
No point in buying out Manning. If they bury him in the minors, it will only cost a few hundred thousand more in cap difference for next season, but they will have him off the books for the following season. Same with Spooner (although it will cost an extra million on next year's cap).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nuge is 3 years older and on a shorter contract. Nuge has never scored 30 goals in a season even playing with Mcdavid. Nuge also struggles in board battles. Draisaitl is hands down the better player, and every idication is that Draisaitl will continue to progress similar to how Nuge did going forward. You dont trade Draisaitl unless youre getting a superstar package back for him.
I'd take Barkov over him.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Really Monahan is on your list? I can understand Mackinnon and pettersen but if you think draisaitl is over paid, Sebastian Aho could ask for 8-9m in a couple of months

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm done with this though.

Draisaitl is an amazing player and is going nowhere. So this is all a moot point.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Barkov makes 2.6 mill less, signed for 3 more years instead of 6 and is about equal offensively most years and does it without McDavid while also being like...light years better defensively

I dont think Barkov is much better defensively when hes sporting a -20. I think Drai gets under appreciated because people get to watch him every game. Malkin is the exact same way where he'll have games he just looks disinterested. Guy still puts up a PPG pace most of the time.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Has he ever played Centre with wingers that are halfway decent? Chaisson has been good (dropped back down to earth lately though) and Reider has been horrendous offensively. Give the guy a winger who can score and you never know.
He had Hall and was very good with him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I dont think Barkov is much better defensively when hes sporting a -20. I think Drai gets under appreciated because people get to watch him every game. Malkin is the exact same way where he'll have games he just looks disinterested. Guy still puts up a PPG pace most of the time.
Then you have never seen Barkov play. Most underrated guy in the league

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Really Monahan is on your list? I can understand Mackinnon and pettersen but if you think draisaitl is over paid, Sebastian Aho could ask for 8-9m in a couple of months

I got a soft spot for Monahan as he was my pick in the 2013 draft had Calgary not taken him. Guy is great on every level. In saying that now that I think about and double checked his stat line, I dont think Id trade Draisaitl straight out for him. For some reason I thought he had a few 35+ goal seasons.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Oilers fan know as much . We did not need one of the best insiders to tell us this . Apparently Chia would make better trades if he came on to HF Oilers and asked the fans their opinion . Yes you read that right . HF fans have more knowledge then Chia and he ran this team . ... In to the ground
Chai will go down in Oiler history as one of the worst GMs ever. 90 percent of his trades were downgrades. Couldn't do any asset management and set the team back 5 to 7 years (Lucic contract).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad