Rumor: Rumours and Proposals | Do we add anyone during the break?

Do we make a trade before the next game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
RNH extended plus a prospect like Benson probably gets it done. RNH by himself might be enough, depending on how desperate Columbus is for a top 6 center. High risk high reward though. I'm not a huge RNH fan, but at least he doesn't mope around and ignore defensive play like Laine does.

When's the last time a player approved a sign and trade?

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I like RNH but he has been bad this year. Holland would be out of his mind to pay him over 5 mill a year
If RNH said no then he can gtfo as far as I am concern

Its funny, every time I see an opposition goal of blown coverage, Bear and RNH seem to be culprits. Bear seemed to get it together for a few games but he is a mess again. Nuge is just too soft

North

Jun 25, 2009
I dunno enough about Nutivaara to say either way.

Regardless I don't think they trade Vatrano. Guy is a low key gritty sniper.

Wasn’t there a rumour recently that Vancouver and Florida were discussing a Virtanen for Nutivaara swap?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This is about your plan. You've presented a vision of how to replace letting Nugent Hopkins walk for nothing. Interested to see how you make it happen - saw your list of replacements and heard you'll throw first round picks at it. But let's see it played out as you've drawn it up. Walk us through your GM work. It just needs to begin with a dialogue with your generational talent to lay it out and appreciate this is the way.

Really RNH isn’t good enough to centre his own line . So he is a winger . A winger playing with McDavid or Draisaitl should have more then 26 points . I can not understand how fans want to pay RNH anymore then he is currently being paid . I like RNH . He been a good soldier threw some tough times but we can not over pay him . Fans get too attached to the name on the back of the jersey and forget about the logo on the front . The goal is to win a cup . RNH and his soft play doesn’t get us closer to a cup . I would argue at 7 million he pushes us further away from a cup .

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Really RNH isn’t good enough to centre his own line . So he is a winger . A winger playing with McDavid or Draisaitl should have more then 26 points . I can not understand how fans want to pay RNH anymore then he is currently being paid . I like RNH . He been a good soldier threw some tough times but we can not over pay him . Fans get too attached to the name on the back of the jersey and forget about the logo on the front . The goal is to win a cup . RNH and his soft play doesn’t get us closer to a cup . I would argue at 7 million he pushes us further away from a cup .
Exactly what I'm thinking.

I've defended RNH for years with friends and family, but yeah he needs more points considering salary and linemates. Obviously I'd like to keep him around, but at a fair value contract. If he wants to test the market, go right ahead, but he has to realize he won't be playing with 97 or 29. Nuge seems like a smart guy, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

It's very important to keep some money around for Nurse's next contract if he keeps playing this well.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
Yamamoto isn't a 10 year veteran of this league being paid $6M and pushing for more in free agency. Kassian is a bottom 6 player. The expectation for Nuge should be a lot higher than those guys and for some reason, the Nuge fans are content with this guy simply not hurting the team.

I wouldn't say that Nuge is hurting the team but he certainly isn't helping it in any meaningful way. He's a big reason why McDrai has to be split because he's a ghost when he's playing away from elite talent. He's the definition of a low event player and while that's good for a 3rd line center, that's not nearly good enough for a player who is supposed to be the 3rd best forward on this team.

With that said, Tippett is doing nothing to help matters. The sooner he realizes that this team is better with McDavid and Draisaitl on separate lines, and with the Ennis-Khaira-Archibald 3rd line, the better. Nuge is best when he's centered by a much better player.
I am still in the belief that RNH is a 3rd line centre. Play him there next season and pay him as such. He has the defensive awareness for that position and he doesn’t have to be pressured with putting up points. He can hop in on the top pp as needed. Then Holland can fill in the top 9 wingers as needed.
Xxx McD pulj
Xxx Drai yam
Xxx RNH kass
My targets would be Hall and Rakell if possible. RNH should be around 5x5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad