Rumor: Rumours and Proposals | Do we add anyone during the break?

Do we make a trade before the next game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

I suspect Markstrom's record would look a lot better in Edmonton. He made a big mistake signing with them over us.

Sutter is trying to win games 1-0, he's out of touch.

Stat count the refs like they do with players and make it transparent and public. Even just that small amount of change would help.

Missed calls, incorrect calls, etc. We get to all watch and pick apart every player in the league, and their contracts and notoriety are argued heavily on their statistics. Do it with the refs. For anyone who says it's not fair:

According to estimates, NHL referees earn between $165,000 and $360,000 per year, while linesmen make $110,000 to $235,000.

Could you imagine making that much while consistently being horrible at your job, or in some cases as we've seen recently, actively not doing it properly?

Hopefully there will be an upgrade on Koskinen, but I'd like to keep Smith as a backup.

Coaching like it's 2004 may have worked when he had Doughty, Kopitar, Richards, and Quick in their primes but it quickly failed the second he didn't and it's failing now.

Calgary has a really underwhelming blue line. Gio no longer elite and Brodie, it turns out, was a key cog. I bet they pursue Barrie this off-season... Treliving might be saved by the fact that there are no fans in the stands.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
BykfepP.jpg

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
The flames core is over-rated (Johnny, Monahan, Andersson) old (Gio, Lucic, Backlund) or dysfunctional (Turtle, Bennett). I like Hanafin, Lindholm and Mangiapane. Watching that dirty class-less team implode is very very satisfying. I hope they trade for Hall and watch him destroy their cap - but they probably make Sutter GM instead and he builds a team full of lead-boot plodders we can skate rings around for the next half decade.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
The flames core is over-rated (Johnny, Monahan, Andersson) old (Gio, Lucic, Backlund) or dysfunctional (Turtle, Bennett). I like Hanafin, Lindholm and Mangiapane. Watching that dirty class-less team implode is very very satisfying. I hope they trade for Hall and watch him destroy their cap - but they probably make Sutter GM instead and he builds a team full of lead-boot plodders we can skate rings around for the next half decade.
So much optimism!
But your right in a way...the flameouts dont have the right kind of players to play his system well consistently. Some of that will solve itself for him this summer.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Go get a goalie and another top six winger. Time for a cup run. A couple really good rentals would do it.

Keep Holloway, give multiple 2nd tier prospects (benson, skinner, 3rd rounders, maybe, or a defencemen like jones). Throw in russel maybe, to send money over.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Don't think anything major is going to happen this year. They might take a flyer on a depth guy like a Sutter but the 14 day quarantine makes trades not very worthwhile for Canadian teams dealing with US squads.

Most of the discussion is about what we do in the off-season.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
This Barrie deal will do good for the Oilers in free agency I think. Pretty clear that if you want to rack up some points and revitalize your career this is the place to be.

Take notes, Taylor :naughty::naughty:
The Barrie situation only worked out because we had a spot on PP1 for him. Take away his PP points and he hasn’t done all that much offensively. I guess we’d be in the market for a net front guy to replace Chiasson. Any of those types pending UFA’s? I don’t think Hall fits the bill unless RNH walks. Otherwise there is just not a spot in the PP him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The Barrie situation only worked out because we had a spot on PP1 for him. Take away his PP points and he hasn’t done all that much offensively. I guess we’d be in the market for a net front guy to replace Chiasson. Any of those types pending UFA’s? I don’t think Hall fits the bill unless RNH walks. Otherwise there is just not a spot in the PP him.
Jesse Puljujarvi...

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'm warming up on Tatar as a UFA option, I believe Holland would be a big fan dating back to the Detroit days.

Problem with many of these UFA options is term.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

space321

May 11, 2011
Taylor hall is overrated and every team he goes to seems to start playing like crap. Not necessarily his fault but it's something that kind of worries me.

You would be right if you ignore the time he dragged NJ into the playoffs, or Arizona last year. Basically, you'r right except when you're wrong.

And even when you're right, you're only half right because his teams don't "start playing like crap", they were just all crap to begin with. Oilers, Sabres, NJ, all crap. It's not like he went to Colorado and all of a sudden they became bottom feeders.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We should offer our 3rd round pick for Bennett.

Yes, that one.

Treliving would probably do it, the zap on his head is so bad right now lol.

Reactions: Throttlehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad