Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Prefer everything was already arranged as in a 3 way deal. Huberdeau to Carolina for Pesce instead of two separate trades.
So

FLA: Trouba
CAR: Huberdeau
WPG: Pesce

?

who's better between Pesce & Hamilton? Pesce has cost certainty for numerous years at 4M and is younger by a bit, Hamilton will have 2 years @ 5.75M remaining by this summer before becoming UFA

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't see why Tallon moves Ekblad for Trouba

I do see Florida as a viable trade partner though. They have pretty good top 6F depth in guys like Huberdeau and Trochek (assuming barkov is an untouchable)

Maybe trouba for tro for Huberdeau

And then flip a forward to Carolina for Pesce or Hamilton?
Why wouldn't Florida just deal directly with Carolina?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Disagree re concussion just read an old article in the Hockey News which stated at the age of 21 he has had 3-4 concussions one of which he stated was whiplash which can have an effect on a concussion. It is imho an issue for me and a main reason I would stay away .
But the fact remains he has been able to play full seasons in the NHL with no reason for concerns. And Trouba has had many more injury concerns.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
FLA move out Huberdeau+Trochek and get Trouba :huh:, brutal.
2 top 6 f for 1 1D. If he resigns with them isn't Trochek essentially still a prospect? Mortimer is the one who suggested it. I'm just suggesting instead of talking bout flipping a forward later make it a 3way.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
2 top 6 f for 1 1D. If he resigns with them isn't Trochek essentially still a prospect? Mortimer is the one who suggested it. I'm just suggesting instead of talking bout flipping a forward later make it a 3way.
What? Trocheck is a C signed at 4.75M who put up 75 pts last year and 18 in 21 this year (had a freak ankle injury that required surgery)

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Again jmo I would be more concerned about a player who has had concussion issues in the past than a player sprains an ankle or tweaks a wrist

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Most probably in the minority but I want no part of Ekblad, personally I don't think he has lived up to the hype and to me his concussions are a issue.

Ekblad was concussed for 14 games 3 seasons ago. Otherwise a clean bill of health.

I think he's missed less than 20 games since he entered the NHL, pretty good for a defenceman playing heavy minutes.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why are we trading for Ekblad???

upload_2019-1-30_20-21-21.png

Reactions: Jmiller1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No
Fla Trouba
Car Huberdeau/Roslovic
Wpg trotchek and Pesce.
Maybe if Trouba was on a sweet ass contract. In a cap world contract status is a significant factor in any trade. Pesce at $4.025 X 5 1/2 years more than makes up the difference of Trouba as a RFA with arb eligibility 1 year away from UFA status. If Chevy can recoup Pesce value for him it will be an amazing piece of GMing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe if Trouba was on a sweet ass contract. In a cap world contract status is a significant factor in any trade. Pesce at $4.o25 X 5 1/2 years more than makes up the difference of Trouba as a RFA with arb eligibility 1 year away from UFA status. If Chevy can recoup Pesce value for him it will be an amazing piece of GMing.
I already figured it out...

Trade 1: Connor to Carolina for Pesce and 2nd.
Trade 2: Trouba to PHI for two top prospects or a 1st and a top prospect.
Sign Mark Stone as a UFA with the money saved on Trouba/Connor vs. Pesce.

Jets exchange Connor for Stone, Trouba for Pesce, and end up with an extra 1st, 2nd and top prospect.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

Jets exchange Connor for Stone, Trouba for Pesce, and end up with an extra 1st, 2nd and top prospect.

Chevy better start looking over his shoulder :)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Maybe Carolina will go Ehlers for Pesce and a 1st. Because of Ehlers great contract.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Not bad reasoning, but I'd hate to move Connor. He is as sure of a bet to be a perennial 40 goal winger that plays with speed as you can find. As much as I hate to say it, the real home run may lie in moving Laine. Pedigree and name recognition might land a boat load from a desperate GM, some of which you can convert into Stone with an extension.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Have to say that Connor is a lot close to being a all around player than Laine, that being said I would prefer not to trade any of the young players atm, that includes Ehlers and Roslovic

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Have to say that Connor is a lot close to being a all around player than Laine, that being said I would prefer not to trade any of the young players atm, that includes Ehlers and Roslovic
Hmm, it's funny how Connor became awesome again after not being awesome. I wonder what happened?

Whodey204

Oct 2, 2017
If the Jets could re-sign Stone long term.. What about a Laine for Stone swap??

Patty is perhaps my favorite player, but I think theres some serious risk of him never becoming a line driver, and always being mostly a PP threat.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'd love Stone, but the obvious spot on the Jets for him is where Wheeler is for the next 5 seasons. I don't see him coming.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Connor has great hands and is a very good offensive player, but he is a drag in terms of possession because he's very poor in his own zone... He manages to bring down the shot metrics for both Little and Scheifele lines.

Connor and Laine are both brilliant offensive talents that have deficits in other parts of their games. I think Laine has the potential to be truly special.

upload_2019-1-30_21-6-55.png

Reactions: ps241

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the Jets could re-sign Stone long term.. What about a Laine for Stone swap??

Patty is perhaps my favorite player, but I think theres some serious risk of him never becoming a line driver, and always being mostly a PP threat.
Even if Jets re-sign Stone the Sens would need to add big time to get Laine. If Stone is moving on as a UFA anyway you can't get much more than a rental price for him and Laine would be much more than a rental price.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad