Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Question again: :)

From the discussions now. IF Jets have better prospects to trade than Columbus, and these are Jets tradable prospect.

Why didn't Jets pull it for Duchene?

Because then they wouldn't have had the assets for Stone. Stone is clearly the #1 target.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This is the Jets line up last night

Laine Schiefele Wheeler
Connor Little Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev
Perrault Roslovic Appleton

Adding Stone

Laine Schiefele Wheeler
Connor Little Ehlers
Copp Lowry Tanev
Perrault Roslovic Stone ;) iknow iknow

That bottom 6 though is sick!!
That is a playoff bottom 6 roster.

And then see the top 6 :naughty:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Happy we got our groove back last night. Better going into the last weekend before the TD not feeling like we need a Hail Mary pass. Not that Chevy would act that way, just more of a personal perspective. And I still really want Stone.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the price for Stone and Hayes is through the roof, I think the Jets should focus on a small depth addition or two, if anything. This Jets team has some flaws and it makes you wonder whether they should go "all in", especially with a super team like the Bolts looking pretty formidable. Unless the Jets have a longer term plan with Stone, I am starting to think that the Jets should keep their powder dry, see how this team performs in the playoffs, and then make their big moves in the off-season.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
chef.png

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the price for Stone and Hayes is through the roof, I think the Jets should focus on a small depth addition or two, if anything. This Jets team has some flaws and it makes you wonder whether they should go "all in", especially with a super team like the Bolts looking pretty formidable. Unless the Jets have a longer term plan with Stone, I am starting to think that the Jets should keep their powder dry, see how this team performs in the playoffs, and then make their big moves in the off-season.
Don't necessarily disagree, but we don't know the final cost for the big fish. We know the asking price but not the ultimate purchase price. And if we get out matched by the Bolts, so be it. Getting to the Stanley Cup finals would be one hell of a ride and I'm pretty sure TNSE would see it as worth the risk if that was the final outcome. After they finish counting the additional $12-15 M in operating income for the season.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I think

Maurice
Chipman

Wants to win it all this year :)

This team is all in from the beginning of the year. They will try to get the necessary pieces.

Sens GM is squeezing.

Hope Chevy have option.

But bSe on what we see and what he has done so far. He probably have 1 up his sleeve.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You guys not willing to give up Vesalainen and a 1st for Stone are crazy. This is our window. Now is our window. Wheeler, Little, Buff, are getting old. Trouba is going to be gone. Myers too. Stone is a difference maker. A top five 2-way forward in his prime on pace for 40 goals that is as good in his own end as he is creating offence and causing turnovers. That is what we need. Wheeler and Scheifele would rather float around than come back and defend. Vesalainen is a giant question mark that didn't want to play in the AHL and improve his north American game. And a late 1st round pick is a coin flip that may never play a minute in the NHL. Not to mention Stone is a local boy that in all likelihood would be open to signing here long term. Were also going to get a high pick or two from moving Trouba. Hell, i'd give up our 1st, Vesalainen, +, + to get it done.

You guys wanting to rebuild the Ottawa Senators to get Stone are crazy. This year may be our window because we keep doing things that limit our window to this year.

Everything you say is a 2 sided coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad