Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
This thread is moving fast lately: wonder why? :P

Some posts from the last thread to start us off:

Duchene played with Scheifele too internationally, correct?

wasn't there some buzz in one of the iterations of this thread that chevy asked one of the jets leaders on a character-check on Duchene?

Wondering if Petan for Ho-Sang could happen. Feel like both are forgotten dudes with their respective franchises

Wasnt Huberdeau Scheif Stone a thing?

Not if I'm picking between the two alone, of course not. If Stone is already coming, I'd prefer Hayes to Duchene though because the price for both Stone and Duchene is going to be way too high.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Everybody must be sitting at home on Louis Riel day alternating between smashing F5 on live feeds and posting to these threads.

If Sens received a reasonable offer from Chevy and Chipman yesterday, and one last push was made by PD to Stone and Co. last night, I would think this will be resolved by tomorrow either way.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Do you feel they know what they’re talking about or would know these things? Or are they reading things on Twitter and falling for some random guy saying something and then passing it on

Some people hearing Stone will likely remain a Senator

And then There’s also a guy on Twitter with a sperm avatar claiming Jets got Duchene and Stone for Laine :laugh:

This would be a great deal for the Jets to give up Laine for Duchene and Stone -- this would be providing that Stone and Duchene were "pre-signed." I like this deal "a lot." I don't think you could go wrong, even if Laine turns out to be a star scoring winger.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

This would be a great deal for the Jets to give up Laine for Duchene and Stone -- this would be providing that Stone and Duchene were "pre-signed." I like this deal "a lot." I don't think you could go wrong, even if Laine turns out to be a star scoring winger.

Who else are we going to have to move for cap space?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Slightly off topic but relates to free agents... How do signing bonuses work with regards to escrow? Any CBA experts in here?

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Who else are we going to have to move for cap space?

You don't want me doing your job Mort :laugh: that complicated Cap stuff is for great minds like yours to figure out. I'll assure you --"if there's a will -- there's a way."

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Laine in any deal is a fail

I don't know why you'd say this ?? Laine right now is a one dimensional hockey player, and he's been that way for the last 2 years. He's basically a goal scoring machine that you don't have to plug in -- " he's no superstar by any means" -- and if the right deal came along I'd let him go. You have to put this in perspective.

Note--for the last 2 months he's not even a lower end scorer, and costing the team goals. I hope this will change, and I don't think the Jets would trade him, but if the "right deal" came around -- Laine could be traded.

Reactions: robertocarlos

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

I don't know why you'd say this ?? Laine right now is a one dimensional hockey player, and he's been that way for the last 2 years. He's basically a goal scoring machine that you don't have to plug in -- " he's no superstar by any means" -- and if the right deal came along I'd let him go. You have to put this in perspective.

Note--for the last 2 months he's not even a lower end scorer, and costing the team goals. I hope this will change, and I don't think the Jets would trade him, but if the "right deal" came around -- Laine could be traded.

He's 20. I would not give up on Laine, as he's not a fully formed human being, never mind NHL hockey player.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg

Face palm.... So hard.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
brutal brutal, the Jets aren't trading Laine.

do you remember when a young Tyler Seguin was traded? The return included a 27 year old perennial 70 pt 2 way winger.. who won that trade in the long run?

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
WOW --I can see there's a lot of arm chair GM's that are in love with Laine ?? but if you get 2 "established stars" for him, I think you make that deal.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Man, tonight's Sens game is going to be the most anticipated Sens game in franchise history watching who is or isn't on the ice :laugh:
Everyone will be on the ice, the Sens have already said they wont be sitting anyone.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Search "NHL hockey" (and even star of superstar) and "goalless drought/streak" -- and watch the headlines roll, including names like Crosby, Stamkos, Matthews, McDavid...

Then note how often in those articles authors note that the goals just aren't coming, that players are working hard or seeming to fight the puck, look off their games, dejected body language -- most if not all of the stuff we see about Laine over the past month or so. It happens. Even the best scorers are streaky. But not many of those best scorers are 20. And nearly all of them broke out of it. As Laine will.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Doesn't anyone wonder -why did the Sens let this happen in the 1st place ? A decision should have been made last season on these 3 players ??

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Everyone will be on the ice, the Sens have already said they wont be sitting anyone.

They can, and do, pull people last minute in trade situations. Example: when we traded Ladd. He was slated to play, got pulled right as he was walking into the arena to play and stuck on a plane for his new home

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

You don't want me doing your job Mort :laugh: that complicated Cap stuff is for great minds like yours to figure out. I'll assure you --"if there's a will -- there's a way."
They just take it out of Laine's salary.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Search "NHL hockey" (and even star of superstar) and "goalless drought/streak" -- and watch the headlines roll, including names like Crosby, Stamkos, Matthews, McDavid...

Then note how often in those articles authors note that the goals just aren't coming, that players are working hard or seeming to fight the puck, look off their games, dejected body language -- most if not all of the stuff we see about Laine over the past month or so. It happens. Even the best scorers are streaky. But not many of those best scorers are 20. And nearly all of them broke out of it. As Laine will.
What is the longest drought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->