Rumor: Rumour & Proposals Thread | Game of Nygard: We Won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I'd be very interested in acquiring Colin White.

2 players I have questions about:

1) How would you feel about signing Ryan Dzingel? How much money would you offer him.
2) If the Sens don't qualify Cody Ceci he will become an unrestricted free agent. Would you give him a chance here?

Dzingle was good on the Sens playing in the top 6 and exploded last year... he didn't look very good for Columbus though. He is speedy, there is a chance he could play on Mcdavids wing but hes a left winger as well as Draisaitl.

Dzingle gonna want to get paid:

78 26 30 56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
At this point I think we need wingers badly... but paying this guy the kind of money we might have to based off his 56 point season.. Im not sure hes the guy.

I wonder if we should target a RW. Would be more versatile as we could play him on line 1 or line 2 no matter where draisaitl is playing since he shoots left. RNH shoots left as well.

Cody Ceci is a NO. Stay away. Its not that hes as bad as the Sens fans would say he is.. its that hes gonna get paid now and I think we would be better off developing our own guys in comparison to what CECI would bring to the table for us.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Dzingle was good on the Sens playing in the top 6 and exploded last year... he didn't look very good for Columbus though. He is speedy, there is a chance he could play on Mcdavids wing but hes a left winger as well as Draisaitl.

Dzingle gonna want to get paid:

78 26 30 56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
At this point I think we need wingers badly... but paying this guy the kind of money we might have to based off his 56 point season.. Im not sure hes the guy.

Cody Ceci is a NO. Stay away.
Thanks for your thoughts. I agree about Dzingel. I don't like to pay someone that much after one good year. I'd prefer someone more proven, like Nyquist. If he was willing to sign for cheaper, say under 5 million, he'd still be a very good option.

Why no to Ceci? Defensive play?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They have Horton though. He makes things a little complicated for them because he eats up over $5M of the $8M or so cushion. They can put him on LTIR in the off season but that has some negative consequences for them in season.

Very true. I think he will be moved to a cap floor team at or before the draft.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Thanks for your thoughts. I agree about Dzingel. I don't like to pay someone that much after one good year. I'd prefer someone more proven, like Nyquist. If he was willing to sign for cheaper, say under 5 million, he'd still be a very good option.

Why no to Ceci? Defensive play?

Honestly... its because he's about to get paid and I don't think what he brings to the table would be worth the money. He was supposed to be offensive but I guess with Karlsson he ended up playing a different role for the sens that didn't suit him as much. He matched his carreer high last year with 26 points. Perhaps in a more offensive role he could be useful and put up 40 points+ type thing but we do have Bouchard coming up and I believe he will play next season so I'm also kind of factoring that in. I think the Oilers have a decent D-core to build around already.. Bouchard might actually be the piece that pushes it over the top and balances everything out, he is kind of the piece we are missing. Assuming hes gonna be the kind of D that can take over games like a Karlsson or a Burns. We will just have to wait and see :thumbu:

When Karlsson was added to the back end of the Sens roster.. even in year 1.. he made a huge difference... changed the way the game was played literally. It was exciting to watch as a fan, win or lose. Bouchard can have a similar effect on the game when hes ready. I feel like hes knocking pretty hard at the door...

can you hear him? lol I know I did.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Correct
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Can't trade for a year from first refusal.

The week span is there for the team deciding to match or not to actually read all the terms in the contract as they have to accept an entire contract someone else made.

That said, last offer sheet was OReilly in 13. Calgary got him to sign and Colorado matched.

If Colorado didn’t match O’Reilly would have had to clear waivers as well. It would have been so funny if that happened.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
No, it's not. It's nothing but desperate hockey that is unsustainable

He's not a rookie. He's 27 and been playing NA pro hockey for years. There is no development happening.

Chi was a tire fire, so bad infact if not for Kane and Toews this year, they would be rivaling that historically awful Col team a few years back

All JC(coach) did was exactly what Nelson did here a few years back. He ignored any sort of accountable systems or players, and rode a few horses, except his were alot more talented then ours

Gustafson was basically Manning level bad this year, except his cosach rewarded him with icetime and pp minutes. The opposite of development

Perhaps we should have did that with Jones last year. Played him 22 min a night with McDavid and ignored how bad he pinched and was consistently making bad reads?

This isn't true at all. Chicago was very dangerous once they made the Strome and Cagguila (lol Chia) trades.
I watched plenty of the Hawks (partly because of draft position) and they were very competitive after those trades.

As far as Gustafsson is concerned, you're exaggerating how poor he was defensively (Manning bad? Come on).
Watch most offensive defenseman play, most of them make plenty of defensive mistakes. Just watch Burns, Karlsson and Subban for instance.
I'm not saying that Gustafsson is as good as those guys of course but I'm just saying that defensemen who push for offense tend to let up chances the other way as well.
The Oilers screwed up big time by letting him walk. There's no way to sugarcoat that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Toronto, Winnipeg and others can all feasibly get out from under the cap without making a bad trade.

Vegas is the one that's actually in trouble because they will be over the cap right now, and they don't actually have a bad contract to dump. A good player will be available and I doubt other GMs will be looking to help out that team.

How?

They'll have around 3-4M to spend once Marner is locked up and still have Johnsson and Kapanen unsigned and only 4 top 6 Dmen under contract needing replacements for Gardiner and Hainsey both of whom played big minutes for them the last few seasons.
Unless all of these guys take massive pay cuts because playing in Toronto is heaven on earth apparently, they're going to have to move some bodies out and not much leverage to get proper value for those players.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Horton’s contract isn’t insured and the whole reason he went to Toronto for clarkson is because of that.

The team still has to pay him if he’s on LTIR or not.

Oh okay that changes things. His contract still counts towards the cap on Day One and then they can use LTIR. They will still have to dump the deal but with one hell of a sweetener.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Oh okay that changes things. His contract still counts towards the cap on Day One and then they can use LTIR. They will still have to dump the deal but with one hell of a sweetener.
Yeah, they would need to find a team that has both the financial means to throw away 5m and cap room for it to not screw up their off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad