Rumor: Rumour & Proposals Thread | Game of Nygard: We Won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last Thread hit 1K. Continue here.

g7rQscJ.jpg

Last edited:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Even "if" Phil Kessel would waive to come here, would we be able to make a stab at him?

:(

I don't think we could

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Russell is what he is, an average 4/5 defender who works his ass off who brings a consistent level of average.

Nurses game wildly swings between games. Nurse is the better player, Russell is more consistent.
Russell is a D who drags down every partner he plays with.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Russell is a D who drags down every partner he plays with.
Russell is a player who is almost always tasked with rough matchups so when a player is paired with him, their numbers go down.

Russell is also an advanced stat black hole due to the style he plays. He had the second best +/- on the team. His style is to prevent high quality chances but it often leads to lots of low quality attempts

Reactions: Raab and The Nuge

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Russell is a player who is almost always tasked with rough matchups so when a player is paired with him, their numbers go down.

Russell is also an advanced stat black hole due to the style he plays. He had the second best +/- on the team. His style is to prevent high quality chances but it often leads to lots of low quality attempts
Thats why 3 other D on the oilers had a higher QoC last year?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Russell is what he is, an average 4/5 defender who works his ass off who brings a consistent level of average.

Nurses game wildly swings between games. Nurse is the better player, Russell is more consistent.

Get out of here with your nuanced responses, you have to pick one. The other is trash. :sarcasm:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
From the last thread @raabheart

The Oilers don’t get outscored 5 on 5 when Russell’s on the ice though. He has a positive +/-.

Got crushed last year and juuuust broke even this season which is a miracle given his shot metrics were abysmal.

He also gets 14 seconds of PP time a game, so doesn’t get the gravy points like some of our other dman. To put this in perspective Kris Russell plays 20 minutes a night taking the toughest assignments. While our other dmen are getting some easier competition, zone starts, and pp time. O and did I mention he does this all on his offside because we have no good RHD outside of Larsson?

Toughest assignments? Dude plays middling competition with the best teammates and gets gravy ZS. This is easily checked out.

The guy is a very good dman, and I’d hazard to guess most of the guys who don’t like him have never played defence before.

The actual results say otherwise. With Kris Russell on the ice, the Oilers get killed.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If so, it'll probably be a 1 year 1m deal or something similar to that.

This is my hope. I'm guessing a bit more than that given how wide the interest was.

Sometimes these contracts surprise you with how much they come out costing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad