• Yah!

• Naw!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Rakell would be my #1 target. Great contract, piss-poor shooting percentage (bad luck). Could go supernova with Drai or Mcdavid.
Man somebody like him would be awesome. I hope Holland can pull something off to get a top 6 guy. I would ay that is down the list though compared to other needs.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall needs to be highly scouted before we gamble on him. Not sure how you crash so hard.

BUF has scored only 35 ES goals this season, we have scored 66 in comparison.

The sabres organization is a mess in general so I personally can't pin the issues on Hall. Dahlin is sporting a -21, and Eichel looks like he doesn't really care either. Sabre fans want to see Krueger fired (I'm surprised he hasn't been yet). That team is just a mess. Hall being traded for a contender would lit a fire under his ass again. I say he's reminiscent of Kessel in his career. Not that main star on a team anymore, but would still be a much serviceable top 6 winger.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Man somebody like him would be awesome. I hope Holland can pull something off to get a top 6 guy. I would ay that is down the list though compared to other needs.

I wonder what the Oilers could do assuming the asking price still isn't as high

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chris Johnson reported Hall wants to come back to Edmonton, and it would be one of his preferred destinations.

In my opinion, Hall is a 65 point player who would be perfect with Nuge.
He'd be a nice add when he turns into an upside down asset for the team that ultimately signs him long-term and they're willing to take some dead cap to move his crippling contract.

Until then, Hall is still the loser chasing dollars thinking that he's going to be a go-to guy that leads a team to success. Ten years in, that still hasn't worked for him.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I understand it's stupid, but if we made a play for a goalie out of Detroit, hope we pry back Sam Gagner. Could be our Hendricks.

Also, Gagner in Oilers silks for the playoffs would be a treat.

Wonder if we could trade Chiasson or Neal to Minny - they desperately need PP help unless they plan to run a sub-10% man advantage into the playoffs.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I’ll can confirm that with straight from managements mouth that Taylor Hall was a huge problem in the room. That being said if they did bring him back I can guarantee you that his voice doesn’t hold a fraction of the weight that it once did. It wouldn’t be his team anymore and he’d just be a another cog in the machine.
Hall needs to be the leader to succeed. Whenever second fiddle he made teams worse.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
5 months (that's long to you?) ago still doesn't change the fact that he could still be traded here. Also was answering the question in regards to posters wanting clarification for Johnston's comment.
No iam sure it's still relevant. He certainly cost himself some money this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad