Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: "Keep Your Eyes on Edmonton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
This trade sucks without improving our forward core.

That doesn’t mean I don’t take it.

you’ve gotta think Nurse is worth more than Ehlers.

if Pietrangelo tests the market, Nurse for Schwartz?

Ehlers is a great player. I want him here, bur Schwartz won a cup, St. Louis would benefit from Nurse’s mobility and it would sting less than seeing him in Winnipeg.

I am HERE for OEL. Especially if we can keep Larsson and Klefbom. That turns our D core around.
Ehlers getting seriously underrated here imo. He’s a legit dynamic player who drives play from the wing, his offensive skill set is great and he would really flourish alongside a big body like Leon I think. Not to mention he’s locked up on a great contract. If we could get him for Nurse I’d take it.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
If the trade is Ghost for Russell straight up - fine. Who knows what you are getting with Ghost and you have 3 more years of a guy who might be a 25-35 point player.

If there’s other pieces going the other way - no thanks. Philly is getting out from under a contact that might really hamper them if he sucks.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I know Ehlers checks a lot of our team’s boxes, but I don’t feel convinced he brings the same impact to the team that Jaden would.

I wouldn’t say no to either one. If we acquire OEL without giving up Nurse or Klefa then I think you hold onto the D core unless the deal is too good to refuse.

OEL Bear
Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Jones

dang.
I think the reason Ehlers isn't perceived as well is cause he gets a pretty insignificant amount of PP time, not saying that would change with us cause it probably wouldn't, but it would certainly help with how the average fan perceives him.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If the trade is Ghost for Russell straight up - fine. Who knows what you are getting with Ghost and you have 3 more years of a guy who might be a 25-35 point player.

If there’s other pieces going the other way - no thanks. Philly is getting out from under a contact that might really hamper them if he sucks.
Have you seen his cap hit lately? No chance I do that trade.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If we get OEL for Neal + prospect + 1st, I would send Nurse to Boston for Debrusk + Studnicka. A lw for Mcdavid and a right shot 3c that can play in all situations.

Debrusk - Mcdavid - Pulju
DRY
Ennis - Studnicka - Kassian
Khaira - Haas - Archibald

OEL - Larsson
Klef - Bear
Jones - X

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If we get OEL for Neal + prospect + 1st, I would send Nurse to Boston for Debrusk + Studnicka. A lw for Mcdavid and a right shot 3c that can play in all situations.

Debrusk - Mcdavid - Pulju
DRY
Ennis - Studnicka - Kassian
Khaira - Haas - Archibald

OEL - Larsson
Klef - Bear
Jones - X

Boston would be stupid to give up Studnika. Let him learn under Bergeron and he will become the next Bergeron.

I actually like that lineup better with Kass and Pulju switched.

Reactions: Dempsey

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I don’t think Nurse is going anywhere. Klefbom on the other hand really should be dealt. His shoulder is finished, can’t take a slap shot anymore and if he does it misses the net anyway.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Ehlers getting seriously underrated here imo. He’s a legit dynamic player who drives play from the wing, his offensive skill set is great and he would really flourish alongside a big body like Leon I think. Not to mention he’s locked up on a great contract. If we could get him for Nurse I’d take it.

Wow, I just saw Ehlers’ contract. Nevermind Schwartz.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
“I would say to you that it’s going to get very active in very, very short order here”

Don't know if this recent quote from Holland has been posted here yet, but it's something to get excited about.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Based on what? 19 PP points over the last two seasons?

And he's never played close to top pairing minutes in his career.

Wrong on both counts

in 2years where he has been dicked around by his coaches. 19 pp points, still pretty good #'s for a guy who sees's 2nd pp time and little ice time

Prior to that his PP stats were insane and YES, he did play top minutes with Provorov, go mlook it up, they were fantastic, coincidentally, the same year Giroux and Coots had career years

An injury and an imbecile coaching staff put a stop to that

He isn't on a decline, he is on a bad "cline" with the coaching staff. Huge difference there

Amazing what coaching can do to a player. Just ask Klingberg who has seen a decline in points b/c Dal is giving Heiskanen alot of his minutes

Ghost is healthy, but unfortunately he won't see any trust from AV. The same AV who adamantly used JT Miller as a 3rd line player. Oh ya, Cooper did too

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
“I would say to you that it’s going to get very active in very, very short order here”

Don't know if this recent quote from Holland has been posted here yet, but it's something to get excited about.
Where did he say that?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wrong on both counts

in 2years where he has been dicked around by his coaches. 19 pp points, still pretty good #'s for a guy who sees's 2nd pp time and little ice time

Prior to that his PP stats were insane and YES, he did play top minutes with Provorov, go mlook it up, they were fantastic, coincidentally, the same year Giroux and Coots had career years

An injury and an imbecile coaching staff put a stop to that

He isn't on a decline, he is on a bad "cline" with the coaching staff. Huge difference there

Amazing what coaching can do to a player. Just ask Klingberg who has seen a decline in points b/c Dal is giving Heiskanen alot of his minutes

Ghost is healthy, but unfortunately he won't see any trust from AV. The same AV who adamantly used JT Miller as a 3rd line player. Oh ya, Cooper did too
He's had one year where he played anywhere near top competition.

He's been sheltered every other year, for good reason.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Yes but in that same interview, he said that he likely won't be that active. He said "not very" I believe when asked if he'd be one of the GMs in on the action.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad