Rumor: Rumors & to hell with Proposals as it's Free Agent Frenzy Eve: "Tomorrow's Dream"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
We got enough forwards if we just re-sign Puljujarvi and Yamamto for under $4M which leaves around $6M for another top 4 D. The market isn't good so we might have to make a trade.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
If we make any trades today?
Brown
Chychrun
I’m willing to go with a 1st, Foegele and prospect. Hopefully not Broberg but they will want him
Not sure what it takes for Brown. Puljarjvi for sure and something else?

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
Giroux don’t bring what Kane does. A nasty in your face power forward
fair, but it works both ways; kane doesnt bring what giroux does

Center to fill in for injuries as needed but can also play RW
55% career faceoff %, so you don't have to throw ryan out there to immediately take him off
0.91 PPG vs 0.67 PPG (kane)

just my personal preference, like I said, Kane is a VERY VERY GOOD consolidation prize but i would have picked giroux given the choice personally

edit...also the whole off-ice PR stuff whether you believe it or not, can always be a distraction, listening to those press conferences were cringe worthy (esp matheson)

overall still very happy we got one of them and Kane on-ice fit very well at 1LW

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

55% career faceoff %, so you don't have to throw ryan out there to immediately take him off

just my personal preference, like I said, Kane is a VERY VERY GOOD consolidation prize but i would have picked giroux given the choice personally

edit...also the whole off-ice PR stuff whether you believe it or not, can always be a distraction, listening to those press conferences were cringe worthy (esp matheson)

overall still very happy we got one of them and Kane on-ice fit very well at 1LW
I’m just not sure Giroux was going anywhere but Ottawa. I liked the idea of him too but it doesn’t look like it was ever in the cards.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
You're right... its definitely too high and too long.

But we're really between a rock and a hard place at this point... so its hard to even argue against.
Not so sure.
The Capitals and Oilers are the only two competitive teams that need a starter. Campbell and Kuemper.
Unless they want to get shredded with the Sabers or Coyotes.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Man, are u friends with Kanes X? Give u some advice and I live by this
IF YOU WERENT THERE AND DIDNT SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES AND EARS, YOU KNOW SWEET FA

Did u check out playoffs last year? Kane made us a very good team. He is proven. I’ll go back to him . He took Tkachuk, Lemieux outta each series. They were scared shitless off him. Does Giroux bring that?

Reactions: Vagabond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad