Rumor: Rumors & to hell with Proposals as it's Free Agent Frenzy Eve: "Tomorrow's Dream"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
5x5 is too high in both term and salary for Campbell.
I think $5x3 or $4x5 is more appropriate.

You're right... its definitely too high and too long.

But we're really between a rock and a hard place at this point... so its hard to even argue against.

Reactions: Section337

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Chiarot is overrated but unfortunately I would say he is one of the only free agent LD who can handle 2nd pairing minutes. Not many options out there.
I don't really think he can handle them that well tbh. I think he's way more 3LD than Kulak. I'd rather risk Zadorov could repeat last year or pay big time to make a trade happen.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
You're right... its definitely too high and too long.

But we're really between a rock and a hard place at this point... so its hard to even argue against.
Kind of surprised we are able to sign a UFA goalie, but with lack of other options, you run with that, Campbell is a good #1 In a league where there aren't enough of them for every team.

Reactions: CookiesAndMilk

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
They might as well throw their cards in and go all in on Bedard. Screw Chicago

They're too proud and stubborn to do that. Calgary will throw ridiculous money at free agents after Gaudreau leaves and continue to toil in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Oilhawks

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Ryan Rishaug is such a Debbie Downer, nothing news worthy, but he always talks and alludes to the worst case scenario.

Just a minor rant.
That's how I see him too. He also rushes to write potential injury news if a guy leaves practise (an equipment issue for example).

He blocked me for saying that to him lol. I find him quite annoying. Also Spector.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Ryan Rishaug is such a Debbie Downer, nothing news worthy, but he always talks and alludes to the worst case scenario.

Just a minor rant.
I agree here, it is borderline irresponsible to report that Kane could go back to SJ. That is such a fallacy - as someone mentioned above when an employee wins a wrongful dismissal they NEVER go back to an employer, they are awarded compensation.

At end of day, Edm and SJ would work something out that is agreeable to Kane and move along. It is simply not feasible that he will not be an Oiler, as Rishaug alludes.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Heck of a player, but one more RW and we’re fine at top 6.

Defense needs to be addressed, both at defenseman and bottom six forward.
Who are the available RW that are left in free agency? I'm wondering if the Oilers made a trade for Josh Anderson at the draft and is still waiting for the league to announce it. If true, hopefully there's some kind of retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad