Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. VI - When You Have Time….Use It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I don't think Beau is going anywhere. He is what the organization wanted Bailey to be. I know why Bailey was drafted where he was but never materialized because the people guiding the ship ran it into the rocks at the time.

Reactions: MJF

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
So basically the Rangers traded a 3rd for a Ross Johnson. A fighter who will have as many healthy scratches as good shifts.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
A 3rd rounder for Reeves? Jesus Christ, they better call JD and apologize before Little League World Series boy takes them back to the golden Bobby Holik era…

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Tarasenko is weak mentally. When he got passed over for the C he got whiny. I'm not on the inside to speculate about the Blues medical team but he felt that they kept rushing him back too soon after his shoulder injuries. He's the poster child glass cannon. Can be a beast when healthy and gets what he wants, but the moment something isn't going his way he will throw a tantrum and play like crap. Look, he's a good player but he's not the superstar he thinks he is. Never has been. Is he a star? you bet. But not elite. More of a 1-B type of guy. If he can stay healthy he's a great top liner to supplement an actual superstar player. Going forward he won't be able to be physical because his shoulder is made of paper but can do work with his speed and sniping. I dunno if anyone wants to take a chance on a potential cancerous attitude and injury prone player who isn't going to put up elite numbers.
Other than all that, how is he? :popcorn:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Other than all that, how is he? :popcorn:
I think that if the isles are serious on him, he would buy into the Trotz system and i wouldn't have to worry about leadership and such. He does his job alongside Barzy and Lee on the 1st line

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I like Beau and want to keep him, but if Bergevin would by chance be dumb enough to trade us Romanov for Beau, I'd do it in a second. That guy seems like a cross between Leddy and Kasparaitis except bigger than both. He'd be a fan favorite in short order. But I can't imagine they'd do it.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Some posters just gotta freak out. A rumor goes out that Beau is going for Tank and it’s taken as fact. I don’t think the old man has been waiting days to unveil that as his move.
I would argue the outrage over the outrage is equally as annoying! No need for the lecture, someone posted the rumour and we all got angry at the thought of losing our beloved Beau. With that said, you're screen name is fantastic! I loved Gord Lane. What's with the shot clock reference though?

Reactions: Lights911

Gord Lane Shot Clock

Jul 20, 2021
I get you about the outrage over the outrage, we’re all fans here and it has been frustrating waiting for our moves. I trust the process as Lou hasn’t done us wrong yet, even when we didn’t like the moves.

The name goes back to when the Colli didn’t have a place to show the shots on goal totals. It was the biggest concern in the dynasty days. That along with the fact that Gord Lane refused to shoot, one fan had a sign in the corner called the Gord Lane shot clock and had a zero on it. It was good for a laugh.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I like Beau and want to keep him, but if Bergevin would by chance be dumb enough to trade us Romanov for Beau, I'd do it in a second. That guy seems like a cross between Leddy and Kasparaitis except bigger than both. He'd be a fan favorite in short order. But I can't imagine they'd do it.

Beauvillier is easily worth more than Romanov--who is a fringe NHLer at the moment and has a lesser pedigree compared to Dobson.

Reactions: Hunn

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Hearing from beat writer JP Rutherford that Beauvillier is a potential piece for a Tarasenko trade. I like that James Nichols is keeping a level head about reporting on these rumors but let me be clear: Rutherford tweets nothing unless it has traction.

What would be-aside from any further pieces to the deal on either side, the reaction of Isles fans regarding the departure of Beau? Isn't he considered a core piece?
Eh, it might be potential piece in St Louis' mind in terms of that's what they are asking for, but we all know how likely it is for anyone to have the inside scoop on what Lou is actually considering doing. If anything, it seems more likely that what is holding up the deal is that Lou isn't willing to move Beau.

Personally, I'm all for buying low on Tarasenko, but "buying low" is the key phrase here, and that doesn't mean moving Beau for him.

Reactions: MJF and JKP

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Eh, it might be potential piece in St Louis' mind in terms of that's what they are asking for, but we all know how likely it is for anyone to have the inside scoop on what Lou is actually considering doing. If anything, it seems more likely that what is holding up the deal is that Lou isn't willing to move Beau.

Personally, I'm all for buying low on Tarasenko, but "buying low" is the key phrase here, and that doesn't mean moving Beau for him.

Oh hell yeah, I want them 2 take some money and we send a conditional 2nd rounder back if he plays more than 60 games. In no way am I sending any roster player back unless it's Komarov or Johnston. I would say OK to Aho or Hickey as well.

Reactions: Seph

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Ok seriously! Wikipedia is showing both Parise and Terasanko are islanders hahaha I know it was someone on this page who hacked Wikipedia...which one of you was it?!

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Moving Beau doesn't make sense. This team just made back to back final 4 appearances. We don't need to overhaul the roster. We had to lose a player to Seattle and Leddy was a victim of the cap crunch but other than that why fix what isn't broken? Adding a player or two on offense is fine but we shouldn't start moving all our depth around.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Bailey and 3rd for Tarasenko.

hard to guess, unless we know for certain what the state of his injuries are. gotta believe that LL knows.
trusting...

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I get you about the outrage over the outrage, we’re all fans here and it has been frustrating waiting for our moves. I trust the process as Lou hasn’t done us wrong yet, even when we didn’t like the moves.

The name goes back to when the Colli didn’t have a place to show the shots on goal totals. It was the biggest concern in the dynasty days. That along with the fact that Gord Lane refused to shoot, one fan had a sign in the corner called the Gord Lane shot clock and had a zero on it. It was good for a laugh.
That's awesome! Gord Lane was not a man to be trifled with!!

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad