Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. VI - When You Have Time….Use It

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wonder why Lou wants Taresenko so much with the log jam we already have? Would assume a forward has to be moved out. If we get Taresenko Maybe then trade a roster forward + Bellows for a 2nd pair LD?

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
Hearing from beat writer JP Rutherford that Beauvillier is a potential piece for a Tarasenko trade. I like that James Nichols is keeping a level head about reporting on these rumors but let me be clear: Rutherford tweets nothing unless it has traction.

What would be-aside from any further pieces to the deal on either side, the reaction of Isles fans regarding the departure of Beau? Isn't he considered a core piece?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I wonder why Lou wants Taresenko so much with the log jam we already have? Would assume a forward has to be moved out. If we get Taresenko Maybe then trade a roster forward + Bellows for a 2nd pair LD?

I think Lou is tired of Bailey's act.

Reactions: SI90

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Alrightyyyyyyyyyy then! Insert do something gif here. Maybe we freeing room fort McDavid
giphy.gif

Reactions: Olliemets

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
NYI Press Release night before training camp…

The following are ordered to appear at NY Islander training camp by tomorrow morning 0600:

Tarasenko, V.
Palmieri, K.
Parise, Z
Cizikas, C

Lou Lamoriello
General Manager

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Hearing from beat writer JP Rutherford that Beauvillier is a potential piece for a Tarasenko trade. I like that James Nichols is keeping a level head about reporting on these rumors but let me be clear: Rutherford tweets nothing unless it has traction.

What would be-aside from any further pieces to the deal on either side, the reaction of Isles fans regarding the departure of Beau? Isn't he considered a core piece?
He is yet to put it all together, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he turns himself into a 50+ point player as early as next year. And he absolutely comes up big in big games.

I'd prefer he not be traded. But if he's involved for Tarasenko, and if Tank is healthy and provides career norms, then I personally won't miss Beau.

JayDog16

Jan 19, 2019
When considering all the teams who are passing on Tarasenko, maybe we should explore other options also. I'm seeing major red flags with him. The Blues don't even want him.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
So our signings are all hinging on whether Lou can make a deal for Tarasenko.
I wonder if he’s got everything wrapped up and is just sweating out STL to meet his price. He’s probably fine with what he has, but if STL wants to do the deal, here are the terms. And he’ll wait for 6 weeks if need be.

Last edited:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
So our signings are all hinging on whether Lou can make a deal for Tarasenko.
My guess is that CC and Palms wouldn't wait around as everyone else is signing contracts unless their deals were already done. Lou is probably doing what he did last year, which is not turning in the paperwork to protect against offer sheets. If he swings the Tarasenko deal, Bellows, a pick, and Bailey are probably going the other way. I really hope Beau is not part of this.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
My guess is that CC and Palms wouldn't wait around as everyone else is signing contracts unless their deals were already done. Lou is probably doing what he did last year, which is not turning in the paperwork to protect against offer sheets. If he swings the Tarasenko deal, Bellows, a pick, and Bailey are probably going the other way. I really hope Beau is not part of this.
Maybe Zeker and Palms would wait around. Remember when Lou went after Panarin? Anders Lee waited around for that to resolve itself.

Reactions: beach

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
When considering all the teams who are passing on Tarasenko, maybe we should explore other options also. I'm seeing major red flags with him. The Blues don't even want him.
Tarasenko is weak mentally. When he got passed over for the C he got whiny. I'm not on the inside to speculate about the Blues medical team but he felt that they kept rushing him back too soon after his shoulder injuries. He's the poster child glass cannon. Can be a beast when healthy and gets what he wants, but the moment something isn't going his way he will throw a tantrum and play like crap. Look, he's a good player but he's not the superstar he thinks he is. Never has been. Is he a star? you bet. But not elite. More of a 1-B type of guy. If he can stay healthy he's a great top liner to supplement an actual superstar player. Going forward he won't be able to be physical because his shoulder is made of paper but can do work with his speed and sniping. I dunno if anyone wants to take a chance on a potential cancerous attitude and injury prone player who isn't going to put up elite numbers.

Reactions: Logician and MJF

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
This reminds me of Lee with Panarin

Lou told Lee his plans and then said “come back to me when we hear about Artemi” and then when that was sorted out Lee had a deal not long thereafter

Or at least something to that effect happened

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If we’re trading Beauvillier I’d want to do it in a package for a legit Defenseman.

that being said, Tito is a guy who’s young and experienced and has already shown up in big moments. He’s also a guy that could explode at any minute and become a 30+ goal scorer. And he’s good defensively.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

how did it go from a 2nd for Tarasenko at 50% retained to Beau? I’ll be pisswd if we move Beau for Tara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad