Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. V - Fire Up the Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Now if he can elevate his offensive game

He has been, bit by bit. During the playoffs I compared his growth to Serge Savard and I’m sticking with that. He has a knack for clearing the zone and gaining the offensive zone and although he doesn’t shoot a lot he hits the net most of the time.

Reactions: MartyC

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Will a different member of the NY Jets be announcing each and every individual signing?
Considering the Jets took that long to get their rookie QB signed, i think they still have work to do.
He has been, bit by bit. During the playoffs I compared his growth to Serge Savard and I’m sticking with that. He has a knack for clearing the zone and gaining the offensive zone and although he doesn’t shoot a lot he hits the net most of the time.
he played like a god damn surgeon with his play.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Considering the Jets took that long to get their rookie QB signed, i think they still have work to do.

he played like a god damn surgeon with his play.

Are you old enough to have seen Savard? If not, check out some of the YouTube videos on him.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I will say this. These players must really have a ton of respect for Lou for them and their agents to stay quiet about them.

Just in !!!!!

Lou has called a sit down with the heads of all 32 families at Sparks Steakhouse . News at 11

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't care how good a relationship people have in business, when a condition involves something outside of the each party's control, a deal can fall through. And if the relationship really is good, a deal falling through because of contingencies won't jeapordize future deals.

What I think is more likely is that LL is stretching the limit of what's kosher rather than getting players/agents to do him special favors. But I doubt that will be significant enough to protect against a real offer sheet challenge.

Well, even if he's "stretching the limit" he's only allowed to do it because he has a good rapport with the players and agents. It's definitely enough to protect against an offer sheet and it's obvious that he's earned a ton of respect from people throughout the hockey world in order to operate this way. It has been mentioned before on interviews that Lamoriello doesn't play games and lets people know exactly where they stand. If you do that over the course of 40 years or whatever and you never f***ed anyone over, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
In this day and age, it's pretty amazing that a dinosaur like Lou can muzzle people so thoroughly.
because lou knows how to be a good negotiator. Nobody in the GM business can do well like him besides maybe a few other GM's

Reactions: xECK29x

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If we do add Tarasenko, or some top 6 forward... I don't see where he slides in. Seems like Lou/Trotz really want to keep our 4th line in tact so...

Lee-Barzal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-JGP-Wahlstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Komarov/Clutterbuck

Unless someone from this roster would go the other way.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If we do add Tarasenko, or some top 6 forward... I don't see where he slides in. Seems like Lou/Trotz really want to keep our 4th line in tact so...

Lee-Barzal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-JGP-Wahlstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Komarov/Clutterbuck

Unless someone from this roster would go the other way.

Or dare I say Wahlstrom to Bridgeport for further development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad