• Mitchell Stephens
  • Zach Bogosian
  • Gemel Smith

Reactions: danteipp and buud

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
As everyone panics, I’d like to gently remind my fellow Isles fans of when the Islanders did land the top FA available - their best signing of all time and more important than any player won or lost this offseason.
14E4F2BF-C3E0-47AB-AA28-3B9CB6763960.jpeg

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Tampa key losses:
  • Blake Coleman
  • Yanni Gourde
  • Barclay Goodrow
  • David Savard
  • Tyler Johnson
Replacements:
  • Alex Barre-Boulet
  • Matthieu Joseph
  • Mitchell Stephens
  • Zach Bogosian
  • Gemel Smith
Win 2 cups and no one will complain about losing non-star players.

Reactions: nyisleslover

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As everyone panics, I’d like to gently remind my fellow Isles fans of when the Islanders did land the top FA available - their best signing of all time and more important than any player won or lost this offseason.
14E4F2BF-C3E0-47AB-AA28-3B9CB6763960.jpeg
Yeah that's great and all. But he isn't going to want to rely on Dobson in a top 4 role & Aho/Bolduc/Salo/Wilde in a baby role. He also can't score goals to help with our awful PP. We need to bring in some outside talent.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Remember that UFA normally means overpay and some risk involved, and 50% of trade done in desperation as well. Resigning your own RFA and UFA may be more critical, especially if you already know how well they play, how healthy they are, and if the fit with the team well.

I think why Isles is slow in UFA signing this year is because they have quite a few their own rfa/ufa negotiations they had to attend to this year and they do not want to go off the board too much to upset good chemistry and the cap space they already have. There are some big UFA signing and rumor trades still in progress with other teams, and all the moving pieces as a result of these signing/trade could potentially impact who may become available later on the market and if Isles may be able to land one of them this week or next.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
how much longer till we get the tweet that we're the last team in the NHL to make an announcement so far today?

Who else hasn't done anything?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Remember that UFA normally means overpay and some risk involved, and 50% of trade done in desperation as well. Resigning your own RFA and UFA may be more critical, especially if you already know how well they play, how healthy they are, and if the fit with the team well.

I think why Isles is slow in UFA signing this year is because they have quite a few their own rfa/ufa negotiations they had to attend to this year and they do not want to go off the board too much to upset good chemistry and the cap space they already have. There are some big UFA signing and rumor trades still in progress with other teams, and all the moving pieces as a result of these signing/trade could potentially impact who may become available later on the market and if Isles may be able to land one of them this week or next.

They've had a YEAR to prepare for the negotiations, that's not much of a reason

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I've now read about 200 completed transactions on Twitter. None involving the Isles.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If Lou does nothing except sign Cizikas and Palmieri and then locks up Pelech long term I'll be very happy.

He's already had a great offseason.
You are nuts if that is the way you feel. We lost Leddy and Eberle and in your scenario we did not add a single piece from the end of last season. That is a monumental downgrade when this team should be making a significant upgrade.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
You are nuts if that is the way you feel. We lost Leddy and Eberle and in your scenario we did not add a single piece from the end of last season. That is a monumental downgrade when this team should be making a significant upgrade.

At the end of last season we did not have Lee. if we compare our playoff lineup to what we expect our lineup to be, we lost Eberle, had Leo in the lineup and had Zajac switching in and out with Wahlstrom. We are likely replacing Eberle with Lee (since we would be keeping Palmieri), Wahlstrom would be in the lineup with Leo in the minors and Parise would be replacing Zajac. All of those are upgrades. The only real problem is we are likely downgrading from Leddy unless Lou works some magic with a trade.

I am going by the assumption that it was implied that we also extend Beau and Sorokin.

Reactions: The Real JT

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

If you going by the end of the season, we would be either adding Lee or Palmieri, since the injury of one lead to us being able to trade for the other

All that being said yes replacing Leddy would be huge importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad