Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. V - Fire Up the Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I dont understand how at least the Palmieri and Parise deals arent done. Those two could have been talking with Lou for the past week. If they are not done now, what more could it take?
They probably are done. Lou, for whatever reason, wants to be the one to announce it. And he likely wants to announce everything at once. So I expect to hear from lou that Parise, Palmieri, Beauvillier, Cizikas have all been signed and he is now going to have a 'nice piece of fish' for dinner.

Reactions: TMI

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Discussed earlier (and same reason it took forever to hear about Greene and Martin last year). If someone comes in with an offer sheet for Pelech or Beau, Lou wants to make sure the cap is in order before announcing anything because he may need to re-work things.
Excellent point and that's just one of many reasons why none of us are replacing Lou any time soon.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
With some of the contracts being handed out on defense today, I think I'm okay with filling the Leddy hole via trade. Or, as others have said, maybe they have more confidence in Salo/Bolduc than we think. We love to speculate about getting this player or that, but the actual words out of Lou's mouth when discussing moves to be made this summer were along the lines of wanting to make room for younger players to see what they can do.

BTW, I think Islanders "PANIK" jerseys should be big sellers today....

Reactions: MYIslanders

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
I prefer not signing UFAs over signing terrible contracts. If this is all we get, I still think we are cup contenders and we didn’t need to do anything stupid to get there so let’s carry on.. it’s not ideal but the sky isn’t falling down let’s not forget we have a top team already

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Gaudreau is off the market. He would have been a good replacement for Casey, which leads me to believe maybe Casey is going to get done. Just hammering out the final details. Pagnotta heard him on the radio say Palmieri and Parise are Isles unless something last minute changes this.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Instead of Toews, Varlamov for Girard?

I could see that actually happening. With the term deals Colorado just signed, they may want to clear Girard’s long term deal and give the spot to Bowen.

Holtby back up? Anyone Isles goalie coaches are ok with, is perfectly fine by me.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
leads me to believe maybe Casey is going to get done
I believe that too. But if not, here's a tin foil hat idea. Casey signs in TOR long term. Lou calls Dubas and trades Leo and something for Kerfoot (signed for 2x $3.5 mil) to play with MM and Clutterbuck.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
My trust is in LL. Why sign a horrible contract if he doesn't have to? I do think he is going to make a trade and more then likely if will be for defenseman. Maybe from a team that has signed one of those bad contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad