Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2021-22 Pt. V - Fire Up the Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
You are nuts if that is the way you feel. We lost Leddy and Eberle and in your scenario we did not add a single piece from the end of last season. That is a monumental downgrade when this team should be making a significant upgrade.
Thank you for the "nuts" comment. Keeping it classy.

In my scenario there would be some extra $ left over for a placeholder LHD and someone like Parise. Minor adds like that are a foregone conclusion even if it's not those exact players.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
At the end of last season we did not have Lee. if we compare our playoff lineup to what we expect our lineup to be, we lost Eberle, had Leo in the lineup and had Zajac switching in and out with Wahlstrom. We are likely replacing Eberle with Lee (since we would be keeping Palmieri), Wahlstrom would be in the lineup with Leo in the minors and Parise would be replacing Zajac. All of those are upgrades. The only real problem is we are likely downgrading from Leddy unless Lou works some magic with a trade.

I am going by the assumption that it was implied that we also extend Beau and Sorokin.

Adding Panik helps, but I would like an additional player so we are not relying on Komarov being in the lineup. Injuries happen (especially on our 4th line and Lee is coming back from major injury), Parise is not getting an younger, etc.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
fetchimage

Ok so basically anyone we haven't heard about today Lou has under wraps

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Grubauer to Kraken is an interesting one
This is the offseason of 1b and 2A goalies being shuffled around. TOR just signed Mr. Inconsistent Mrazek for 3yrs. Ha!

The 'SC Champs' don't really have a goalie. Maybe Freddie?

PHI signed Martin Jones to back up Carter Hart - I mean, are they trying to support Hart or killing the guy? Good ole Philly...

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I dont understand how at least the Palmieri and Parise deals arent done. Those two could have been talking with Lou for the past week. If they are not done now, what more could it take?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I dont understand how at least the Palmieri and Parise deals arent done. Those two could have been talking with Lou for the past week. If they are not done now, what more could it take?

Done deals and deals announced don't have to be the same thing

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Still trying to figure out the Kraken d pairs and right now, it seems like they'll have five left-handed starters, which... is that normal? I still think they'll want to offload at least one of those guys for a right-handed player. And not just because we need one of them.

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Adding Panik helps, but I would like an additional player so we are not relying on Komarov being in the lineup. Injuries happen (especially on our 4th line and Lee is coming back from major injury), Parise is not getting an younger, etc.

If we sign those, Leo is not in the lineup. His is competing with Panik for 17th spot.

Lee-Barzal-Palmieri (or Wahlstrom)
Beau-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-Pageau-Wahlstrom (or Palmieri)
Identity line

Leo/Panik

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
I think we all need to understand we might not upgrade LD today considering there are no options to sign. It has to be done via trade and that does not need to be rushed today.

Offensively, if we sign our guys and add Parise we are still a better team. Lee being back is huge. Wally should get more time and the potential is there. We don’t have passengers like Leo ( I pray) any longer.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007

Discussed earlier (and same reason it took forever to hear about Greene and Martin last year). If someone comes in with an offer sheet for Pelech or Beau, Lou wants to make sure the cap is in order before announcing anything because he may need to re-work things.

Reactions: The Real JT

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Maybe they are, maybe they’re not. I truly don’t know… but it’s not like we can pretend that there is NOT a consistent practice of Lou waiting to announce deals?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Beat me to it by seconds lol

I mean who else is our that that is better than Varly for a team trying to go all the way. Not like COL is starving for LHD, they have Girard and Byram...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

they are done, Lou doesn't tell anyone anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad