I was thinking,

Barzal 8
Pulock 5
Toews 3
Sorokin 925,000
Hickey as the #7

That's about 4 mil over.

There is no chance Greene signs...

BTW it has been killing me all day reading these posts and not being able to reply at work.

With regard to our cap situation, there are many ways that Lou can go, but one route that seems to have jumped out to many of us is is trading either Leddy and/or Bailey (or one of them with some combination of guys like Leo, Clutter, Ladd (in my dreams), Hickey etc ) Given that he waved his NTC to come here,I would not rule out signing Green for $1.5-$2M to take Leddy's spot. The other 6 D would be the same as opening day this year. Let Dobson work his way in and spelling one of our bottom pair Green/Boychuk at times. Wilde and Aho in the AHL for additional depth.

I am hopeful and think it likely that Barzal/Pulock/Toews sign for $18M or less combined and the $16 you proposed was about what we could hope for . Pulock and Barzal have to be our priorities. B Given that Barzal still has flaws in his game which are frustrating and although he is an elite talent scored 62 points last year and looks to still be around the mid 60s yet there is no way I would see them giving him $9M as an RFA with no arbitration rights, we sill have leverage with Barzy so maybe a shorter bridge deal. Trading Toews could be an alternative option although I hope it does not come to that.

Reactions: danteipp

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
This kid brings so many elements to the team that we need. These are all his goals this year. So many of his goals have come from first making great defensive plays. He also knows how to finish breakaways. He’s not afraid to go hard to the net either. Just love his all around game.

Hopefully the boys can teach him how to pass in the slot instead of shooting.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
This lineup for the playoff run is shaping up to be much better than what we had.

Lee - Barzal - Eberle
Beauvillier - Nelson - Bailey
Ladd/MDC - Pageau - Komorov
Martin - Cizekas - Clutterbuck

Extras: Johnson - Brassard - Kuhnhackl
With Trotz's defensive system and the defensemen we now have, as long as he goaltending holds up, I'd go to war with this lineup in the tournement. Getting healthy is the most important issue. The "extras" give us some depth we didn't have . We saw earlier in the year what this team can do and I'm willing to win playoff games 1-0 or 2-1.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
I think it is safe to say it depends on how much ice time JGP gets.

He isn't getting 19 minutes of ice time per like he did with Ottawa, however...

If he gets 16-18 minutes per game by being a fixture on both special team units, then he is probably good for 20/20/40 and that is a safe estimate.

In the now four seasons he has gotten 16 plus minutes he is averaging 18.7-20.6- 39.3 per 82....

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
This lineup for the playoff run is shaping up to be much better than what we had.

Lee - Barzal - Eberle
Beauvillier - Nelson - Bailey
Ladd/MDC - Pageau - Komo
Martin - Cizekas - Clutterbuck

Extras: Johnson - Brassard - Kuhnhackl

Call me crazy but...
Bellows - Barzal - Eberle
Beau - Nelson- Brass
Lee - Pags - Bailey
Martin - Czikas- Clutter/Komo

Extras - DalC - Komorav - Johnston

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Faster then MDC though.

I don't want to see either in a race. But it's holding both back form being NHL regulars.

And until Koivula can get an extra step, I'm not worried about signing or trading for a center that will block him, that's for sure, because the only thing blocking him in my eyes is his skating. Or lack thereof.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
"It’s believed the Wild were willing to retain a portion of Parise’s contract, but ultimately the trade fell through."

Damn. That sucks. I really hope Lou and Guerin revisit this. Sounds like Parise would welcome being an islander and Ladd was also willing to waive for MIN

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Call me crazy but...
Bellows - Barzal - Eberle
Beau - Nelson- Brass
Lee - Pags - Bailey
Martin - Czikas- Clutter/Komo

Extras - DalC - Komorav - Johnston
Only thing is you are missing Ladd who Lou seems to like and Bellows was sent down again today at least thats what lou said

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
In the love of Islanderland, can we just be content with 2 solid acquisitions that make the team better, one was signed quickly thereafter. We've all called Lou out for his lack of activity (for whatever reasons); but he delivered. NYI isn't a Cup contender, yet, he brought in long-term.

Reactions: bronxirish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad