Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. VII: The Lou Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Thankfully we don't have you running the helm like your buddy Garth.

I gave a detailed explanation of why Cizikas *might* be dealt (not saying I want it), and this is your reply.

How about an informative retort from you, or do you have nothing to add but insults?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I did it on capfriendly and we needed only a goalie after. Johnston and Dal Colle are still on the team, capable of being extras.

Well if MDC and Johnston are "extras" (and that's exactly what they should be at best), the Isles will still have to add some bottom-6 forwards requiring significantly more cap space than we've got currently.

One way or the other...Trades are coming.

I'm hoping it happens this summer too, or another deal involving Ladd leaving forever. Still think there's a chance Leddy or Bailey are dealt to create more space if necessary. The big thing with dealing either of them is that they need to be replaced by similar producing players or it's a step backwards.

Well in my (unrealistic) dreams this summer Pietrangelo is signed and Leddy is traded. Then Hoffman is signed and Bailey is traded.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Building a new arena makes me believe that the owners of the Islanders want to win,” Pageau said in French during his call with reporters. “This is what you want, as a player. With the Islanders, everyone seems to be pushing in the same direction. I am proud to be part of this adventure.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
“Building a new arena makes me believe that the owners of the Islanders want to win,” Pageau said in French during his call with reporters. “This is what you want, as a player. With the Islanders, everyone seems to be pushing in the same direction. I am proud to be part of this adventure.”

#bigleagueteam

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

Walked into a meeting at 3PM, thought I was coming out to the good news that the Islanders had actually acquired a skilled winger (I don't care that he's old).

I despise whoever leaked the trade discussions.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Rengi and SI90

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Walked into a meeting at 3PM, thought I was coming out to the good news that the Islanders had actually acquired a skilled winger (I don't care that he's old).

I despise whoever leaked the trade discussions.
tenor.gif

Pick any number of other Eastern Conference GMs who saw the Isles getting Parise for Ladd (and whatever) and were like, "Oh we have to stop this. Tell Dreger."

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Today was a good day for Islander fans. Lou went out and acquired a rental who was way too expensive, but then we went and resigned him for a FAIR deal. He plugged a long term hole today.

The issue with the assets the Islanders have is they had to be used for long term fixes and Lamoriello did just that today. Bummed the Parise deal did not go through, but Pageau is going to be a very good player for this organization as long as you all are not expecting 25 goals a year.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Today was a good day for Islander fans. Lou went out and acquired a rental who was way too expensive, but then we went and resigned him for a FAIR deal. He plugged a long term hole today.

The issue with the assets the Islanders have is they had to be used for long term fixes and Lamoriello did just that today. Bummed the Parise deal did not go through, but Pageau is going to be a very good player for this organization as long as you all are not expecting 25 goals a year.
I am expecting 25. Or close to it. And I don't think that's unrealistic.

Reactions: buud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad