Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. VI: The Overpriced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Also think Kreider would be a good add. We shouldn’t be trading eberle.

if Lou fails to improve the team again I’m pretty out on him as a GM. Help isn’t on the way either..... our top prospect on forward has scored 14 goals over 2 seasons in college and the ahl. May be too soon but I’m writing wahlstrom off as a potential first line guy

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
I'd trade Eberle a lot of places for a lot of things, but he has a full NTC until 21-22 at which time he can deny a trade to half the league.

Unfortunately Nelson has the exact same terms.
Is that actually unfortunate? He's been pretty solid all year round. we cannot magically trade each person we signed and defintively improve

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
So now we are on thead #6 and you guys are telling me that I should be happy IF we get Kreider ? To quote that kid from peanuts GOOD GRIEF

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Kreider:

Is a UFA (and likely would command 7-8 million per)
313 pts in 517 games for career (per 82= 49.6)
156 goals in career (per 82= 24.7)
184 points last 4 years in 269 games (per 82= 56.1)
29 power play goals in last 4 years

May not agree to an extension- Likely to get fleeced by the Rangers
Almost 29 years old

Palmieri:

Controlled for one more season at $4.65 million
334 pts in 550 games for career (per 82= 49.8)
172 goals in career (per 82= 25.6)
188 points in last 4 years in 270 games (per 82= 57.1)
40 on the power play in last 4 years

29 years old (about 3 months older than Kreider)

Easy call for me..........

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
Kreider:

Almost 29 years old

Palmieri:

what do you think kreider or palmeri would actually cost? you gotta figure KP would cost a LOT

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Assuming a move involving Kreider is contingent upon an extension agreement, what would be the cost? Would it be worth it?

It seems like we are working with a limited group of moveable assets if we want to acquire the kind of player(s) to make a playoff run this year. Depending on who you talk to, those being either a 2020 or 2021 first rounder, Sebastian Aho, Keifer Bellows, Bode Wilde, Otto Koivula our 2020 second round pick and maybe Oliver Wahlstrom. The most attractive regular roster players being Beauvillier, Leddy, Toews and Mayfield.

I just feel like this trade deadline matches up poorly with the talent available in a move and our most coveted trade chips. A big move carries inherent risk, any time. If we didn't have the injuries to Pelech, and one of Casey or Cal I could see going all in on an unrestricted FA. I just can't see moving any of our few valuable assets without acquiring a player with term. Everyone seems to be hesitant to move our best chips. If Lou does move them, I see criticism coming. If the price is too high and he sits on the patch-work moves, a la Greene, I see criticism coming. I'm con fuddled . :ha: What should we do?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Also, if Lou did indeed call on Kreider he can’t be too happy it leaked out. He doesn’t like that stuff. Might have a thing or two to say to Gorton.

Reactions: danteipp

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Assuming a move involving Kreider is contingent upon an extension agreement, what would be the cost? Would it be worth it?

It seems like we are working with a limited group of moveable assets if we want to acquire the kind of player(s) to make a playoff run this year. Depending on who you talk to, those being either a 2020 or 2021 first rounder, Sebastian Aho, Keifer Bellows, Bode Wilde, Otto Koivula our 2020 second round pick and maybe Oliver Wahlstrom. The most attractive regular roster players being Beauvillier, Leddy, Toews and Mayfield.

I just feel like this trade deadline matches up poorly with the talent available in a move and our most coveted trade chips. A big move carries inherent risk, any time. If we didn't have the injuries to Pelech, and one of Casey or Cal I could see going all in on an unrestricted FA. I just can't see moving any of our few valuable assets without acquiring a player with term. Everyone seems to be hesitant to move our best chips. If Lou does move them, I see criticism coming. If the price is too high and he sits on the patch-work moves, a la Greene, I see criticism coming. I'm con fuddled . :ha: What should we do?

Kreider is not a difference maker who we should commit to 6-7 years and $40-50 million on guys (which he will get on the open market)...........come on, let's be serious here....the dude has NEVER had 55 points in a season- hell, Jordan Eberle, by comparison has done it 4 times in his career........

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He’s signed for next year. He’d get NJD a good haul. I love him as a player. Plays a 2 way game and has a great shot.

would cost 1st + good prospect and possibly more.
I think multiple picks including this years first and a player off our roster like Devon Toews.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Kreider:

Almost 29 years old

Palmieri:

And Palmieri is from Smithtown, IIRC.

Just sayin......

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Aho and Toews are different. But I agree that could be the case.
I corrected my original post but the sentiment remains the same. I think their first ask is an NHL caliber defenseman.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Also think Kreider would be a good add. We shouldn’t be trading eberle.

if Lou fails to improve the team again I’m pretty out on him as a GM. Help isn’t on the way either..... our top prospect on forward has scored 14 goals over 2 seasons in college and the ahl. May be too soon but I’m writing wahlstrom off as a potential first line guy

we shouldn’t be trading for Kreider. He’s going to cost a fortune. We are basically locked into Pitts, Wash, TB, BOS or miss the playoffs. I don’t want to spend a fortune just to get bounced in round 1. It’s not the year to go spend crazy. Lou cannot get caught up in the deadline madness. Find a cheap C and hope we can find a spark coming home.

Reactions: BTrotts19

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why is it unfortunate that nelson has it? Hes on pace to be a 60+ pt 2C. He sucks too?

If you're going to rate a player by either "he's awesome" or "he sucks" it's going to be hard to see my point, but I'll be an optimist and try anyway.

Nelson doesn't suck. He's a very solid player, but he's not my type of player. He really does have high end talent, but I almost always thinks he leaves a lot of missed plays out on the ice. For being a good skater with a long stride and great height/length, he is always reaching for the puck. He almost never wins stick battles or battles in the corner, which in both cases is horrible given that size he has. His shot is truly elite, but he rarely creates his chances by out-battling another player. Most of his goals come when he has space, and that space is usually created by someone else. For me I want a #2 center to drive offense a lot more than he does. Plus he disappears in stretches way too much when we really could use his talent to create offense.

Add it all up and he has the one stat I can't stand seeing from a scoring forward...In the playoffs when your effort, grit, and clutch scoring should go up (and does with the truly great players), Nelson's PPG goes DOWN.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
I am still interested in seeing what Toronto is going to do to get a defender (or two) and who they end up trading from that offense. As they give up their 204th goal tonight in getting spanked by the Penguins....

Meanwhile, this is what the Metro will look like after tonight:

TEAM- (GP)- W- L- OTL- PTS

Pittsburgh (58) 37-15-16- 80
Washington (59) 37-17-5- 79
Philadelphia (60) 33-20-7- 73
NY Islanders (58) 33-19-6- 72
Carolina (59) 34-21-4- 72
Columbus (61) 30-19-12- 72

Ugh

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
If you're going to rate a player by either "he's awesome" or "he sucks" it's going to be hard to see my point, but I'll be an optimist and try anyway.

Nelson doesn't suck. He's a very solid player, but he's not my type of player. He really does have high end talent, but I almost always thinks he leaves a lot of missed plays out on the ice. For being a good skater with a long stride and great height/length, he is always reaching for the puck. He almost never wins stick battles or battles in the corner, which in both cases is horrible given that size he has. His shot is truly elite, but he rarely creates his chances by out-battling another player. Most of his goals come when he has space, and that space is usually created by someone else. For me I want a #2 center to drive offense a lot more than he does. Plus he disappears in stretches way too much when we really could use his talent to create offense.

Add it all up and he has the one stat I can't stand seeing from a scoring forward...In the playoffs when your effort, grit, and clutch scoring should go up (and does with the truly great players), Nelson's PPG goes DOWN.
IMO spot on-----Nelson has played better than I thought he would at center but IMO he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane again IMO he is soft and I was shocked he got into a scrap the other night it blew me away

Reactions: periferal

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
IMO spot on-----Nelson has played better than I thought he would at center but IMO he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane again IMO he is soft and I was shocked he got into a scrap the other night it blew me away
Ever since he kicked Andy Greene's ass a couple of years he thinks he's some kinda tough guy:laugh:

Reactions: CBG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad