Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. VI: The Overpriced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
McKenzie reporting that Martinez is going to Vegas for two 2nd rounders after Los Angeles gets back from their trip to Winnipeg. Not a done deal yet.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That would be counterproductive.
not really. Palmieri is a better player getting rid of Eberle would get us some assets to use for a trade and/or open up some room to sign Barzal and possibly bring in someone via trade.

I like Eberle by I Believe he’s expendable.

Reactions: ekill08x

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Didn't Wang also insist that the Islanders shouldn't retain any money? I thought that also hurt. Could be wrong though.

That rings a bell with me, and knowing Wang I'm sure it's true.

Pretty sure this was reported by Art. Also believe there was another option of taking back an expiring contract. Can’t recall, but I feel as if Minnesota was rumored.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
not really. Palmieri is a better player getting rid of Eberle would get us some assets to use for a trade and/or open up some room to sign Barzal and possibly bring in someone via trade.

We should be trying to add to the top 6. Not replacing it with 5-10 extra points a year

Reactions: xECK29x

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He’s signed for next year. He’d get NJD a good haul. I love him as a player. Plays a 2 way game and has a great shot.

would cost 1st + good prospect and possibly more.

2020 Lottery Protected 1st, Bellows, and Aho/Wotherpsoon.

Palmieri is a beast and would be a great fit, only better if he was LW, but they have been trying to move Bailey to LW.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Palmieri is a beast and would be a great fit, only better if he was LW, but they have been trying to move Bailey to LW.

I make that trade. I would prefer not to trade Aho but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

you have to give to get.

I really like Bellows but Palmieri is proven and has an all around game.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018

Ya, I dont think they even entertain that though with his NTC...

Personally, I would just move Bailey down to the third line with Brassard and what other rookie if we can't also get Grant or someone and then next season maybe put Koivula/Wahlstrom into the mix.

Leddy would be the one you could trade to fit his 4.65 million salary in, assuming you get Pelech back healthy, sign Toews (RFA) and re-up with Greene on the cheap. Plus you may still have Aho...

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I’d rather Rackell but Palmeri would be close second choice. Laine actually is player I’d really give up the big package for though I have feeling Jets would move him and for right price he is available.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I’d try and Flip Eberle if we got Palmieri.

I'd trade Eberle a lot of places for a lot of things, but he has a full NTC until 21-22 at which time he can deny a trade to half the league.

Unfortunately Nelson has the exact same terms.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

giphy.gif

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don’t even care anymore. They need goals. Now.

the rags would fleece us. In order to make that trade work we’d have to pay a kings ransom and Kreider isa ufa. I think he’d help and be a good fit with Barzal but does he make us a contender to the point where we can afford to give up the haul that it would require?

when he signs back with the Rags July 1st it’s going hurt even more.

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
the rags would fleece us. In order to make that trade work we’d have to pay a kings ransom and Kreider isa ufa. I think he’d help and be a good fit with Barzal but does he make us a contender to the point where we can afford to give up the haul that it would require?

when he signs back with the Rags July 1st it’s going hurt even more.
Rags can’t afford him,that’s why they are trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad