For Leddy

Then move Nelson for a d man

Reactions: IODCPiper

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I’m skeptical that these sources still exist with Lamoriello in the fold. Also, Pagnotta may have some connections, but until he can actually get verified on Twitter, he’s not on the same level on Bob or LeBrun.
Twitter has temporarily suspended it's verification program to overhaul (because it was a joke). The average Joe was easily getting verified by following several steps. Just took some time and effort. So Pagnotta may very well be "verifiable" but won't be able to have that happen until Twitter starts it back up again. So your Twitter thing is kind of a moot point because it's currently not possible.

Reactions: Quicklime

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
So Leddy is playing terrible again and because of this people want to trade him.

Yet those same people are asked for top prospects?

:huh:

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Most of his mistakes have been him being too aggressive and trying to do too much. I have no doubt our current coaching staff can get him to play a cleaner game.

If he was having defensive issues (a la Pulock) I'd be more worried.
This is why lou needs to hire scott stevens to take over as coach in bridge

Reactions: Quicklime

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So Leddy is playing terrible again and because of this people want to trade him.

Yet those same people are asked for top prospects?

:huh:

It’s not even that he’s playing terrible. I just think what he provides can eventually be provided with what they have in-house, so they should trade him for a different type of defenseman that we could use more (i.e. shut down guy).

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
How about Leddy, Nelson, and a 3rd for Carter and Muzzin?

While I really like both Carter and Muzzin, Id hesitate on this deal. Has a good foundation but Carter and Muzzin are both older then Leddy and Nelson, plus the 3rd. Carter will be 34 this season. I think he'd be fantastic behind Barzal but if this team is "retooling" I dont think adding more older guys to the mix is wise

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
To be fair to Graziano (who I feel absolutely had sources, he was spot on with the Duchene rumors and Staple reported much of what he was putting out first at the time. Specifically about Barzal being the center asking piece and Sakic not budging etc, almost blow by blow). Graziano recorded the podcast Monday night and went into more detail then what Pagnotta tweeted. I just want to make sure he gets the credit here, but Pagnotta with the way he handled this past off-season has absolutely cemented his place as an insider, probably at the level of Bob and LeBrun and above Friedman and Dreger.
I'm above Dreger. He only gets done deal news first.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It’s not even that he’s playing terrible. I just think what he provides can eventually be provided with what they have in-house, so they should trade him for a different type of defenseman that we could use more (i.e. shut down guy).
I would be more comfortable moving Leddy if Toews was playing and producing in the nhl already

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nurse and RNH
For Leddy and Nelson

Mittelstadt, Guehle, and one of their #1's
For Leddy

Then move Nelson for a d man

I don't see why either team does the above trades with the Isles. Nurse isn't as good offensively as Leddy, but he's still a mobile guy who can chip in 25-30 points, while being much better defensively. And as much as he's a disappointment as a 1st overall pick, RNH is way better than Nelson.

As for the Buffalo deal, that would have been like proposing trading Barzal, Toews and a 1st for Shattenkirk or Barrie prior to Barzal's rookie season.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don't see why either team does the above trades with the Isles. Nurse isn't as good offensively as Leddy, but he's still a mobile guy who can chip in 25-30 points, while being much better defensively. And as much as he's a disappointment as a 1st overall pick, RNH is way better than Nelson.

As for the Buffalo deal, that would have been like proposing trading Barzal, Toews and a 1st for Shattenkirk or Barrie prior to Barzal's rookie season.

Just some ideas -
Oilers need a puck moving D man like Leddy he signed for 3+ years at 5.5-

The drama surrounding Nurse's contract and speculation that they may have been something broken in the relationship.

And the RNH filling the 2C option lead me to try to balance the deal - RNH playing W currently.

its not the same thing as Shattenkirk since he was an RFA maybe the better comparison is Barrie, but Eichel is locked up - JT was heading to FA a bit of a different scenario.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
While I really like both Carter and Muzzin, Id hesitate on this deal. Has a good foundation but Carter and Muzzin are both older then Leddy and Nelson, plus the 3rd. Carter will be 34 this season. I think he'd be fantastic behind Barzal but if this team is "retooling" I dont think adding more older guys to the mix is wise

How about Nelson and Wilde for Carter and possible pick? (2nd if LA trades Nelson or his rights, or re-signs)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
That's ridiculous...

Carter would be right behind Barzal as the team’s best player, and Muzzin would be the best D they’ve have since...

Nelson’s value isn’t nothing crazy (thinking 2nd & 3rd) because he’s really a winger and Leddy’s best suited as a 3D. Of course this is all my opinion, but I’m not as high on either of them as some around here seem to be.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would love to swap Leddy for Nurse and Nelson for RNH, which is exactly why Edmonton wouldn’t do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad