Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IX - Trade Deadline Edition

SI

Feb 16, 2013
One would think.

But look at allll the guys up front that the Jets will need to be paying over the next two winters.

They also have several forward prospects ready for bigger roles in the NHL next season.

That's what happens when you have lots of assets in one particular area that earn a raise. You then need to turn them into other assets in other areas.

Toronto has a similar situation with its forwards, even if Kapanen's current concussion woes are altering that dynamic for the time being.

My guess would be that winnipeg favors Conner over Ehlers-

3 seasons of Leddy versus 6 seasons of Ehlers - do Isles add? And by how much? Pick? One of the AHL d men not named Aho?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
My guess would be that winnipeg favors Conner over Ehlers-

3 seasons of Leddy versus 6 seasons of Ehlers - do Isles add? And by how much? Pick? One of the AHL d men not named Aho?

Trading for Ehlers and gives the team to possibly resigning both Lee and Nelson and picking up Hayes.

In an earlier post - it was hard for me to envision how the team would Line up, but I would possibly do something like -
Ehlers - Barzal - Clutterbuck
Lee - Nelson - Ho-Sang/Beau
Beau/Dal Colle - Hayes - Bailey
Martin - Cizikas - Komarov
Johnston

I know it looks strange to have Cal upfront, but Cal has wheels and can shoot- could use that toughness

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think it’s more likely they end up with someone like Turris than someone like Connor or Ehlers.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think it’s more likely they end up with someone like Turris than someone like Connor or Ehlers.

I'd rather keep Leddy - not so keen on Turris.

IF the Jets are looking to use one of their wingers to grab a top 4, then Leddy is a good get for them signed for 3 more years at 5.5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad