Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IX - Trade Deadline Edition

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He's missed a lot of time this season. Only just got back in the line-up recently.

In all, he's played 50 games.
Oh I overlooked that.

I still think it's a good deal. Especially if Meyers goes but I'll admit I don't know their team that well. Like maybe with Morissey they feel it's redundant idk

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Oh I overlooked that.

I still think it's a good deal. Especially if Meyers goes but I'll admit I don't know their team that well. Like maybe with Morissey they feel it's redundant idk

I was thinking a similar thought, but it was more Kyle Connor than Ehlers for Leddy+

The truth is Winnipeg will have to re up Trouba, Laine, and Connor next season. Do they re-up Myers too?

Jets top 6 - Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Wheeler, Little, and Scheifele

I don't know if Jets go for either - 3 years of Leddy for 6 years of Ehlers or even more for Connor.

They certainly have a glaring need on the blueline, especially if Trouba wants to leave Winnipeg and Myers walks...

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I was thinking a similar thought, but it was more Kyle Connor than Ehlers for Leddy+

The truth is Winnipeg will have to re up Trouba, Laine, and Connor next season. Do they re-up Myers too?

I don't know if Jets go for either - 3 years of Leddy for 6 years of Ehlers or even more for Connor.

They certainly have a glaring need on the blueline, especially if Trouba wants to leave Winnipeg and Myers walks...
I felt that Ehlers got replaced by Connor and it's a wash of cap but also long term commitment.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

No chance Winnipeg does that. If we want Conner we would have to give up alot more than Leddy.

Conner would be a perfect fit with Barzal

SI

Feb 16, 2013
No chance Winnipeg does that. If we want Conner we would have to give up alot more than Leddy.

Conner would be a perfect fit with Barzal

Conner would be a perfect fit for Barzal, so would Ehlers.

Winnipeg will have the same issue as Toronto all of cap space on the top 6.

Ehlers and Scheifele at 6m
Laine between 8?
Conner 6
Wheeler 6.5 and Little 5.5

Almost 50% of the cap on the top 6.

Are they resigning Trouba? Myers?

If Lou is serious about moving Leddy, then what are the likeliest landing spots?

1. Edmonton - RNH? Pulijaarvi?
2. Winnipeg - Ehlers?
3. Toronto - Nylander?
4. Chicago - Saad?
5. Arizona - galchenyuk?
6. St. Louis - Schenn? Schwartz?

Reactions: WangMustGo

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Conner would be a perfect fit for Barzal, so would Ehlers.

Winnipeg will have the same issue as Toronto all of cap space on the top 6.

Ehlers and Scheifele at 6m
Laine between 8?
Conner 6
Wheeler 6.5 and Little 5.5

Almost 50% of the cap on the top 6.

Are they resigning Trouba? Myers?

If Lou is serious about moving Leddy, then what are the likeliest landing spots?

1. Edmonton - RNH? Pulijaarvi?
2. Winnipeg - Ehlers?
3. Toronto - Nylander?
4. Chicago - Saad?
5. Arizona - galchenyuk?
6. St. Louis - Schenn? Schwartz?

Leddy is worth way more than poolparty

Reactions: bigtim1988

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Leddy is worth way more than poolparty

Edmonton probably adds picks or prospects - could be a bigger deal where RNH and Puli for Leddy and Ho-Sang - Isles might need to add

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Winnipeg would never.

One would think.

But look at allll the guys up front that the Jets will need to be paying over the next two winters.

They also have several forward prospects ready for bigger roles in the NHL next season.

That's what happens when you have lots of assets in one particular area that earn a raise. You then need to turn them into other assets in other areas.

Toronto has a similar situation with its forwards, even if Kapanen's current concussion woes are altering that dynamic for the time being.

Reactions: SI

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Of course it's possible, where did I say I think it's not? But at some point we all need to let some things go. Yeah, Tavares wasn't traded. And there's nothing, nothing we can do about it now. Not only that, constantly bringing this up is pointless. Snow didn't pull the trigger on the trade, Tavares signed with a different team. We all know that happened, kinda hard to forget it now. And yeah, you were right about trading him last year.

That said, we also can't do anything about Lee and this situation. TDL has passed, we didn't trade him, so I just don't understand how constantly reminding everyone of that fact helps. I'm all for constructive discussion and considering different options - but as far as our UFAs go, that's it, we're ending the year with them and posting all the time about how we should've traded them and that no one will re-sign is: a) not constructive, b) not an invitation to a discussion of any sort.

We didn't trade any of them. Accept that and move on.
I love when posters tell other posters what they should be posting/not posting, and when it's time to let go of a position or perspective. Priceless.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Thought some of you might find this interesting.

really having trouble seeing how and why Duchene should be awarded a mega contract this offseason. He should be shining right now with a good offensive team and he just...cant. toolbox is a bit suspect imo.

Reactions: WangMustGo

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That list fails to include Donato, who has 4-9-13 in 13 games since joining the Wild.

That would basically, like, make him the best February trade acquisition in the league.

It does say "prominent names," but you're right about Donato. He's killing it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
That list fails to include Donato, who has 4-9-13 in 13 games since joining the Wild.

That would basically, like, make him the best February trade acquisition in the league.

And Fiala already has two multi-point games with Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad