Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
What does everyone think of a Ladd and either a 2nd, MDC, or JHS for Smith (Sens) deal?

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What does everyone think of a Ladd and either a 2nd, MDC, or JHS for Smith (Sens) deal?

Ain't happen.

OTTAWA Owners are counting pennies especially if they want to trip Duchene and stone

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I don't see Florida trading for a UFA if they are out of the playoff hunt. They will be seller, not buyers.
I wasn't clear - I meant trading Eberle to say calgary and then flipping those assets and adding to them to land Hoffman.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I thought it was on this thread, but i love the idea of adding Dzingel.

I wonder if Dal Colle for Dzingel works? I would even try to resign him.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Ain't happen.

OTTAWA Owners are counting pennies especially if they want to trip Duchene and stone
I get what you're saying, but Ladd is paid 1 mil more than Smith in actual salary, but has an extra 2.25mil cap hit, could be enticing...

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Can’t see Ladd waiving his NTC for Ottawa.
starting in 2020/1, Ladd has a modified NTC. he has to submit a list of 15 teams that he cannot be traded to. just curious... can LL trade him to Seattle next year? say that LL agrees to pay 75% of his salary.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not that I expect NYI to be in on Muzzin, but the asking price sounds like a 1st + prospect.

There’s no guarantee the Kings will move Jake Muzzin but they’re certainly in listening mode. And the asking price I’m told right now for the talented top-four blueliner is a first-round pick plus a prospect.
It’s a high price but it should be. The 29-year-old is a top-notch defenseman and he’s signed for another season next year at a reasonable $4-million cap hit.
I think contending teams are hoping that the price lowers closer to Feb. 25. But keep in mind, the Kings don’t have the move the guy. They like him, too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
starting in 2020/1, Ladd has a modified NTC. he has to submit a list of 15 teams that he cannot be traded to. just curious... can LL trade him to Seattle next year? say that LL agrees to pay 75% of his salary.

I know Ladd doesn't have to be protected during the expansion, but I don't think he can be traded to Seattle so that they don't select someone else. Doesn't Seattle come into existence in 2020-21?

Not that I expect NYI to be in on Muzzin, but the asking price sounds like a 1st + prospect.

I don't think we're in on Muzzin either. Leddy, a first, and Ho-Sang/Dal Colle for Muzzin at $4 million for another season. It only makes sense if Lamoriello wants to shed that Leddy contract. Not sure that'd be the best way to do it either.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I know Ladd doesn't have to be protected during the expansion, but I don't think he can be traded to Seattle so that they don't select someone else. Doesn't Seattle come into existence in 2020-21?

I don't think we're in on Muzzin either. Leddy, a first, and Ho-Sang/Dal Colle for Muzzin at $4 million for another season. It only makes sense if Lamoriello wants to shed that Leddy contract. Not sure that'd be the best way to do it either.

Where are you getting Leddy from?

Doesn’t sound like he would need to be included.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Where are you getting Leddy from?

Doesn’t sound like he would need to be included.

I misread it. :laugh:

Thought it said "a talented top-four blueliner" not "for the talented top-four blueliner." That's a huge difference, my mistake.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Didn't someone post a quote from Staple (maybe quoting Trotz) saying the problem with the Isles' PP is lack of high end skill?

That to me is a big clue as to what direction they might go in the summer (if not at the trade deadline).

Reactions: impaaaaaact

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I see no reason not to trade our 1st and Pelech for Muzzin. Getting Muzzin makes a big difference in balancing our defense for a number of years. If there was any time to pull the trigger on a trade like this he's a great get.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

I would absolutely use the first rounder to solidify the left side. Muzzin would take important minutes from Leddy pushing him down to 2nd pairing 5v5 and further insulate Toews. It makes the entire 6 man unit better.

Imagine the shot in the arm that would be to the rest of the team for the home stretch?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad