Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: You have a source, and you have a source, everyone has a source..

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
In the past, what has a player of Subban's caliber returned in a trade?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Indeed. This team has needed a #1D ever since he left. I would not turn my nose up at Subban. It would instantly change the dynamic of the team and push them forward. Yes it would suck to lose Hall but Subban > Hall. It's just that simple.

That being said Montreal would be braindead to move him.

They are braindead to treat him like he's a bit of burden, the way it seems they do.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
The valuation of Subban is way off on this board. What would you guys want if we traded Klefbom? Whatever the price, double it for Subban.

Would anybody on this board trade Klefbom for Kessel? to me Hall for Subban is similar value. And MTL needs a #1 RHD just as much as we do. Petry can't replace Subban.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If the deal is built around Hall for Subban, I would sure hope that the 4th wouldn't be involved.

Losing Hall is only tolerable if you get to walk up and draft Tkachuk.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Not without getting the #9 back.

Hall, Nurse, #4 (probably Dubois, knowing MTL) for Subban and #9 (Sergachev/Chychrun/Juolevi)?

Assuming Lucic is already lined up.

Still dunno why Montreal would really be incentivized.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I know I have lost a little respect around here for my rumours not coming to fruition. That being said, nothing has come to fruition.

Regardless, it sounds like the Oilers and Habs will not be able to make a deal for Subban after all. The asking price is just too steep to stomach. I expect the Oilers will loom elsewhere to fix their defense.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Subban doesn't get moved unless a capable defenceman and an incredible prospect are coming back. If we get Subban I have a feeling Klef and Nurse going the other way. Also, why is someone who thinks Francois Beauchemim is a top 5 defenceman in the NHL allowed to vote?

Feb 9, 2013
Hall, Nurse, #4 (probably Dubois, knowing MTL) for Subban and #9 (Sergachev/Chychrun/Juolevi)?

Assuming Lucic is already lined up.

Still dunno why Montreal would really be incentivized.

No... I want to eventually see a Nurse - Subban pairing. One mean defensively minded defenseman, and a dynamo on offense who has some $#!T-disturbing qualities to his game. It seems like a natural pairing.

Truth be told, if it turned out to be Nurse or nothing, I would be fine with seeing Nurse go - I would hate it, but I would see the sense to it. The Oil cannot pass up on Subban if they can get him.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
You'd have to think Montreal would be more interested in a centre though, no?

How are off is:

RNH, #4, Yak?
RNH, #4, Reinhart?
RNH, #4, Davidson?

Draisaitl, #4?

Drai+Nurse+4OV for PK +9OV

A top 6 C, a future top 4 D and a top 6 LW, all cost controlled and expansion protected.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder if MTL would bite on #4 overall + Nurse + Yak for Subban
Might have to swap Yak for Ebs or RNH though for cap reasons

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
There is no where else to look....the only #1 dman available is Subban. Hamonic is the only top pairing guy available (and he actually may not be available either).

I wanted Demers for a while but looked deeper into him and the guy is injury prone. So now I'm really not keen on the Oilers signing him.

Our options are very limited. Chia should do whatever it takes to pry Subban out of MTL.

NeutralZone

Oct 29, 2011
Subban is a #1 dman. If A team is willing to trade a #1 dman, no Edmonton player should be off the table except McDavid. Losing Hall would suck, but if he's what it takes, and the value of the deal overall is fair, Chia should pull the trigger.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hall + Nurse + 4OA for Subban + 9OA is a hard but fair trade to make. You need to think the 9OA pick you take as a defenceman could turn into something special. A player like Chychrun of possibly one of Sergachev/Juolevi could be there still. Acquiring those two for Hall, Nurse, Tkachuk seems worth it in my eyes.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The ask is rumoured to be Hall + Nurse + 4th overall.

Not even remotely worth it in my mind.

I'd rather keep Nurse TBH. Hall and the 4th I can part with as long as the 9th Overall was added. Hall + Reinhart + 4th I'd do. I wanna see a Subban-Nurse tandem. That'd be an amazing tough pairing.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I know I have lost a little respect around here for my rumours not coming to fruition. That being said, nothing has come to fruition.

Regardless, it sounds like the Oilers and Habs will not be able to make a deal for Subban after all. The asking price is just too steep to stomach. I expect the Oilers will loom elsewhere to fix their defense.

I appreciate the rumours anyway, keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad