Rumor: Rumors & Proposals VII: Nothing imminent; Cavalry is not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Look at the games played.

Of course anyone would like a vet NHler rather than a junior player right now but the comments since day one have been we fleeced the blues in that deal! The Perron trade was great! We'll see how long perron stays and what he is traded for if he goes.

Firstly, hes played 4-5 less games than everyone ahead in the Q..

I completely agree with you that we didn't "fleece" them. But it definitely was a win for us so far.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Off the top of my head I would rather have these guys right now.

Lundqvist
Rinne
Price
Quick
Rask
Bishop
Luongo (damn he's underrated)
Howard
Anderson
Varlamov

Also your statement "behind the right D he can win a Vezina" can be applied to almost any goalie.

On your top of your head list he's tied with Bishop and ahead of the rest. You also forgot Bob. Comfortably top ten now and top ten at the time of the trade as well.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'm with you on taking a chance. I wonder, how many of the recent Stanley Cup champions or even the top tier teams haven't made risky moves in order to take that next step.

Mike Richards for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, 2nd round pick, doubt MacT would have the balls to make that trade. The equivalent for us would be Draisaitl, Yakupov, 2nd. Yes they got a good player back, but Richards had a lot of question marks when he got dealt from Philly.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
This season is so beyond lost, they are so so so bad. You got to think they we'll be calling McDavid or Eichel's name come June.

Trade Perron for a d*** center(Anisimov+)

Resign Petry

Hall - Nugent Hopkins - Eberle
McDavid/Draisatl - Anismimov - Yakupov
Pouliot - McDavid/Draisatl - 3RW
Hendricks - Gordon - Joensuu

LD - RD
Marincin - Fayne
Nurse - Petry

1G
Scrivens

Tell Purcell Nikitin and Ference to ******* off.

Sign a dman capable of playing big minutes (Boychuk)

Trade Klefbom, Schultz, picks, prospects etc. for another (Coburn)

Hall - Nugent Hopkins - Eberle
Draisatl - Anisimov - Yakupov
Pouliot - McDavid - Pakarinen
Hendricks - Gordon - Joensuu

Coburn - Boychuk
Marincin - Fayne
Nurse - Petry

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Perron is not a clear win, simply because people have ignored the 2nd rounder in the equation. The blues took Ivan Barbeshev who amazingly fell to them to what was our pick. He currently is lighting it up in the QMHL, perhaps the best player in that league and one of the best players in all of juniors.

It's like saying that the Penner deal was a clear win at the time, we still have nothing tangible to show for it, Klefbom has not started to contribute and this is 3 years after the actual trade.

we also may have had a better chance at Ekblad last year, and we could have signed tkachev properly and had barbashev on top of it who I believe is his ohl linemate if memory serves me right.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
So Sutter is the word going around, Pens saying no.

I mean, is it just me or do we NOT need another smallish non-leader center in the same mould as Gagner but better defensively? We need STRONG LEADERS. Not another freakin 25 y/o kid who will just add fuel to this dumpster fire

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

I mean, is it just me or do we NOT need another smallish non-leader center in the same mould as Gagner but better defensively? We need STRONG LEADERS. Not another freakin 25 y/o kid who will just add fuel to this dumpster fire

Should have signed Legwand. Instead we have brilliant management who felt that Draisaitl and Arcobello could handle the roles and lead this team to Victory.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Should have signed Legwand. Instead we have brilliant management who felt that Draisaitl and Arcobello could handle the roles and lead this team to Victory.

Or perhaps Legwand didn't want anything to do with us?

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I browsed the prospect thread a lot the past 3 days and other sites. If people would rate McDavid a 10, what would Eichel be? A 9?

9.6/9.7

Even if he cools down a bit he would still have one of the best college seasons ever.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Or perhaps Legwand didn't want anything to do with us?

Sounds like an excuse to me. There were a ton of centers out there this summer and somehow they all landed in other markets. 1 or 2 guys sure but all of them? I'm not buying that, it's just propaganda from an org that is clearly tanking because they can't build a team the right way and have no clue what they're doing.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I apologize about my laziness, but Oiler fans are probably at the top when it comes to hockey knowledge. I know one of you guys know this off the top of your head.

What are the percentages for the bottom teams this upcoming draft? I know 30th is 20%.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

FWIW, Sutter is known to be very vocal in the Pens locker room. He wore an A for a couple of games during the pre-season and he'd possibly have one permanently if there weren't so many long-time Pens ahead of him on the totem pole. Leadership wouldn't be a concern with Sutter. I think smallish depends on your definition - he's 6'3" 190 lbs. but he's not a big hitter. He's easily the Pens' best PKing forward and he's surprisingly good offensively despite not putting up big numbers. He's got a deceptively good shot. Johnston has actually been using him in the shootout this year.

I don't want the Pens to trade him but it seems like a possibility. I really think he adds a ton to the team. So while I'd prefer he stayed in Pittsburgh, his leadership and locker room presence shouldn't concern fans of any team he was traded to.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I apologize about my laziness, but Oiler fans are probably at the top when it comes to hockey knowledge. I know one of you guys know this off the top of your head.

What are the percentages for the bottom teams this upcoming draft? I know 30th is 20%.

I wanna say 20, 13, 10, 8 but don't quote me on it.

Edit: Its 20, 13.5, 11.5, 9.5, 8.5 for the top 5 teams

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
The way I look at it if we had acquired Schneider its a starting goaltender for the next 5-10 years. That package was 100% futures who may or may not turn out. We need to start solidifying positions and the management group refuses for whatever reason to do it. It's always excuses with these guys, like the price was to high. The way I see it is that if we had acquired Schneider he's part of the core. Which would then be Hall, RNH, Schneider. We would still need a top pairing dman or two but we should be able to land one in the next 2 years with any of Eberle, Perron, Yakupov, Draisaitl, picks, etc... For example lets say we traded the 2015 1st and Eberle to Phoenix for OEL and Korpikoski, sure it's an overpayment but it solidifies our core team to build around. Our team would then look something like:

Hall-RNH-Perron
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Arcobello-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu

OEL-Petry
Klefbom-Fayne
Ference-Schultz

Schneider
Whoever

Is it a great team? Not really, but most of the holes could be plugged through free agency and smaller trades.

Do you have much confidence that MacT could swing a OEL type trade? If he ever could he would totally redeem himself.:handclap:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Do you have much confidence that MacT could swing a OEL type trade? If he ever could he would totally redeem himself.:handclap:

I would if he had swung the Schneider deal. Now I think he falls in love with prospects and picks to much. Not willing to gamble to improve the team, and clearly has no vision. Trading the 2015 1st and Eberle would have been a huge haul. I think we could have landed or could still land a very good dman for that package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese