Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Whatever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

So this is apparently happening, I wonder what it looks like.

My hope is kubalik and DeHaan for Keith, Kassian, Archibald and a 3rd

My guess is something stupider like

Yamo and foegele for kubalik

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just watched and all he said was that the Oilers were one of 4 teams in the mix, meaning goalie market, and mentioned Fleury as the main goalie who could be available. He even specified that the Oilers feel ok right now with their tandem.

Now don't get mad but this is what I mean about you misunderstanding info sometimes. The way you phrased it gave the impression to us that the Oilers were one of 4 teams in the mix for Fleury when in reality, he was just saying what we all knew already that the Oilers have been in the goalie market but are also ok with their tandem. Do you see what I mean?
Yeah its clear cut speculation and Frank trying to put two and two together.
But if you look at all context that Fleury really doesn't want to go anywhere, and the rumored acquisition cost being a 1st and Holland straight up saying he won't move a first for a rental. Its literally nothing.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Didn’t see anything linking Fleury to Edm. There’s a video at the top but it won’t load for some reason. I think it’s a bunch of speculation that the Oilers have interest (obviously) but nothing saying he’s willing to come here.

Conversely, I don't see any sources (other than fans assumptions) saying he wouldn't come to Edmonton.

Reactions: Faelko

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
All these insiders are crap. Seems the best they can do is call a trade like 15 minutes before it happens. These guys are all about speculation and clicks. When is the last time someone truly had inside information on an Oilers trade well before it happened?

Maybe I missed it.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Didn’t see anything linking Fleury to Edm. There’s a video at the top but it won’t load for some reason. I think it’s a bunch of speculation that the Oilers have interest (obviously) but nothing saying he’s willing to come here.

Yeah the video at the top is the one that has it

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
All these insiders are crap. Seems the best they can do is call a trade like 15 minutes before it happens. These guys are all about speculation and clicks. When is the last time someone truly had inside information on an Oilers trade well before it happened?

Maybe I missed it.

When was the last noteworthy trade the Oilers made? Honestly?

The Hyman and Kane signings were called well in advance by insiders.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I just watched and all he said was that the Oilers were one of 4 teams in the mix, meaning goalie market, and mentioned Fleury as the main goalie who could be available. He even specified that the Oilers feel ok right now with their tandem.

Now don't get mad but this is what I mean about you misunderstanding info sometimes. The way you phrased it gave the impression to us that the Oilers were one of 4 teams in the mix for Fleury when in reality, he was just saying what we all knew already that the Oilers have been in the goalie market but are also ok with their tandem. Do you see what I mean?

Word of advice, and don't get mad, maybe just post the video and say "Seravelli on the goalie market" and leave it at that because you mislead people otherwise.

It still links us to him as one of the 4 teams. How did I misunderstand the info lol.

I couldn't link that video on here. Everytime I tried, it would show that Leafs one

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It still links us to him as one of the 4 teams. How did I misunderstand the info lol.

I couldn't link that video on here. Everytime I tried, it would show that Leafs one
Again. You need to listen. Servalli THINKS 4 teams could be interested. He hasn't heard anything on the Oilers and Fleury.
Its massively different.

He isn't saying that 4 teams are in on Fleury and Edmonton is one of them.
He is saying that 4 teams COULD be interested in Fleury because in his mind, those 4 teams make sense.

I thin Yams has me blocked, can someone explain this to him?

Reactions: Faelko and North

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I forgot about that AA. Also, Kulikov and that defenseman who retired that The oilers got from Detroit.

All these trades suck.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kubalik would rank 11th among Oilers forwards in 5v5 points this year down between Kassian and Shore.

He's been a borderline cap dump ever since he shot 25% on his way to 30 goals as a rookie.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kubalik makes as little sense as trying to shore up our left side defense rather than our right. This team cannot go into the playoffs with Ceci, Bouchard and Barrie. Ceci is a lock but one of Bouchard/Barrie needs to go or sit.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kubalik is just another Kahun.
Kubalik is more rounded, bigger and has a far better shot release. But he falls in the same category as Athanasiou. Both hold value due to past accomplishments and have been made available due to poor performance.

He makes sense at low cost because he's a rental. Anything more than a 3rd and it's frivolous. Regardless of what happens, they're not qualifying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad