Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Does Deadline Day Hold in Store for the Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's just disappointing because Vegas loaded up so much.

But of course the issue there is that they have tons of cap space. Our trades are extra expensive. I don't see how we could compete in value with a team who doesn't need double and triple retention to fit things in, or to send expensive players back that the other team doesn't want
I mean at the same time Vegas has been one of the worst teams in the league the past 30.
They HAD to do something. Heck, Calgary is only 5 points back of them.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Isn't that an element Ebs also struggles with? If goal scoring is the want then Toffoli's the better fit.

But again, I don't think replacing someone like Foegele for Toffoli's a winning idea

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-Toffoli
McLeod-Henrique-Perry

Outside of McLeod, that's a lot of guys that play slow middle 6.

I'm not tied to Foegele, I mean, I don't think there's much difference between Holloway-McLeod-Perry and Foegele-McLeod-Perry as the 3rd line, and that 2mil could go further elsewhere on the roster. But if he goes, it needs to be someone that plays fast and hard (giggity) replacing him.
Wouldn't Buch just be a dream!

Two years of the guy. Just pay up ffs

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Reuniting Nuge and Eberle top 9

Draisatl-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-RNH-EBERLE
Henrique-McLeod-Perry

Oil need a top 6 RW badly.

So on that second line you have two forwards that can’t win battles on the wall in the postseason and Kane who overdoes it and gets whistles. Bad idea.

Would cheer for Eberle if added, but he’s the complete wrong player to add if we want to put consistent pressure on the defenses that will deny scoring areas and try to wrest the puck away from us on the wall, as we’ve seen the last few years and in regular season games vs. LA and Vegas.

Bringing the rush offense band back together may sound fun, but it’s the complete wrong approach.

Sadly it seems the two way RW with offense train has already left the station.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So on that second line you have two forwards that can’t win battles on the wall in the postseason and Kane who overdoes it and gets whistles. Bad idea.

Would cheer for Eberle if added, but he’s the complete wrong player to add if we want to put consistent pressure on the defenses that will deny scoring areas as we’ve seen the last few years and in regular season games vs. LA and Vegas.

Bringing the rush offense band back together may sound fun, but it’s the complete wrong approach.

Sadly it seems the two way RW with offense train has already left the station.
Eberle does win battles now? He’s a different player than he was.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Or maybe the Oilers are actually done and these guys are merely doing their job by reporting it.

I know what you mean though. Rishaug right after the Henrique trade was made was VERY adamant on Got Yer Back that the Oilers will NOT be making any other significant moves and was actually yelling it out for a good couple of minutes. It was quite annoying, and I generally like Rishaug.
He does that every year. I swear Rishaug springs to full mast whenever he gets to tweet out “my sense is the Oilers are done”.

Even Gregor, when he was interviewing Holland after adding Henrique and Carrick yesterday, signed off the interview with “good luck adding a depth dman Ken!”

Like f*** outta here with that shit. Just say good luck with the rest of the week or something. Why do they have to immediately frame it like he’s going to do nothing else.

I literally swore at Gregor on the radio when I heard it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think the Oilers are done, unless Eberle falls into their lap
This could wind up being a just under the wire type of deal that gets done quickly in the late stages before the deadline hits. I just hope the hamster in the fax machine was fed this morning.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
IMO Vatrano would be a way bigger difference maker than Henrique and a better fit for us, so if he winds up going for less than we paid I’ll be pissed. Also has lower cap hit. Maybe it’ll Wind up involving Kakko which we probably couldn’t match.

Toffoli, buchnevich, smith, and even Pacioretty might be interesting.

Patches is apparently rounding into form a bit after injury recovery, could be a gigantic Brown upgrade and bring some size and grit to the top 6. He’d probably instantly be a top 4 shooter on this team since we have terrible finish,which IMO desperately needs to be addressed. Could come at 1M if retained which we might actually be able to afford.

I wouldn’t complain too much about Eberle either, but I do wonder if he has the right mix of skills to help us. He might be another Henrique in the mix , which is… something, I guess.

Last edited:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Wouldn't Buch just be a dream!

Two years of the guy. Just pay up ffs

Buch is the one name I thought about adding in my first post, but I had thought he was bigger than 6'1, 200lb.

Still, he would be a hell of an add, and he's the only forward on the trade list that has me looking twice. Well Kubalik too, but that's exclusively due to the PTSD of the Chicago series a few years back.

Maybe Tatar could be an interesting cheap add, but he's well documented of being Casper in the playoffs.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Adding Ebs without moving anyone off the roster is not a bad place to be in

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
That’s a common reply, but “creative” doesn’t make assets materialize out of thin air.
I agree it doesn't. But he can make some smaller moves to accrue some assets. Flip Assets. Sell some more draft picks off. It can be done. He just has to be willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia