Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Does Deadline Day Hold in Store for the Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Gregor sounds convinced we are done.
Oilers MSM always loves to be downers and kill any sort of enjoyment for us fans.

Like why would you not want to continue keeping fans interested and engaged? And how could you possibly think the team couldn’t use any other upgrades.

Carrying water for the Oilers must be in the job application or something

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
@Burnt Biscuits

“With respect to the winger discussion I love Ebs obviously from his time here, but I never found him to have great chemistry with either of McDavid or Drai, time has passed and all have matured and evolved their game so it might work now, but I'm still a bit worried they won't match stylistically”

This was before McDavid and Draisaitl found another offensive level, and also before Eberle matured to become a more two way guy.

Plus if they keep their current lines intact, you could run RNH down the middle with Hyman and Eberle and bump up Kane with McDrai. Couple of different looks that could be tried out.
Line combos or so fickle, but the current goal is to do:

Drai Mcdavid Hyman
scoring line
checking line (Henrique)
Line 4

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm down with Eberle, bring him back if the price is right. Bourgault + 2nd or 3rd maybe?

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
While the trade deadline will be underwhelming and team may be done, adding 3 roster players for draft picks isn't that bad. Holland did supplement the team's depth so at least he did do something. Plus, signing Perry was a good move as well. It may be unpopular but I won't be mad at Holland if he doesn't make another trade.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You’ve been getting criticized on the same thing all week and continue doing it
Because of excitement? What the hell buddy this is a hockey board not some professional place where fans can get criticized for posting something of interest

Get outta here with that shit

Reactions: ConnorNova0929

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Massive failure if we do not uogarde D

Also on Gregor "I've heard nothing about lucic to Calgary"

Why do these morons even say anything. Why can't they just wait until the deadline over. I don't get it
All the media guys are saying essentially the same thing. I think Holland will check in but I think a steal has to land on his lap. D wise Carrier is the only rumoured available D upgrade. Chychrun too but I don’t see the team wanting to grab a left d.

Reactions: Mr Positive

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Because of excitement? What the hell buddy this is a hockey board not some professional place where fans can get criticized for posting something of interest

Get outta here with that shit
If you want to make a post then be prepared to get criticized for it if it’s blatantly false

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
This is why I kept bitching. If we don't add this deadline is a solid C-
I'd call it a D if we do not upgrade defense

I do realise Holland tried with tanev though. They aren't oblivious

I also realize this team is streaky AF and can beat anybody when they play properly and they are "on"

If you want to make a post then be prepared to get criticized for it if it’s blatantly false
That twitter person was probably listening to an insider on the radio and posted it. Don't get the hate for Tony Brar here heh :)

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Massive failure if we do not uogarde D

Also on Gregor "I've heard nothing about lucic to Calgary"

Why do these morons even say anything. Why can't they just wait until the deadline over. I don't get it
Because they all want to be the "guy". Be the first to report something. They are less plugged in than ever. Their jobs are as less important as they've ever been.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Outside of being a RHS, I'm not sure what Ebs adds that Henrique doesn't.

I think Hollands done up front, but if you're bringing in another forward, I think it needs to be a physical freak (i.e big and fast) vs. another slower cerebral player. Especially if it's Foegele going out the door to make room.

Sadly though, there doesn't seem to be a Timo Meier type at this year's deadline.
Well Eberle can help generate offence. Henrique is ideally in a checking role.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
The Oilers aren’t exactly flush with skaters that can put the puck in the net

Isn't that an element Ebs also struggles with? If goal scoring is the want then Toffoli's the better fit.

But again, I don't think replacing someone like Foegele for Toffoli's a winning idea

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Drai-Toffoli
McLeod-Henrique-Perry

Outside of McLeod, that's a lot of guys that play slow middle 6.

I'm not tied to Foegele, I mean, I don't think there's much difference between Holloway-McLeod-Perry and Foegele-McLeod-Perry as the 3rd line, and that 2mil could go further elsewhere on the roster. But if he goes, it needs to be someone that plays fast and hard (giggity) replacing him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
While the trade deadline will be underwhelming and team may be done, adding 3 roster players for draft picks isn't that bad. Holland did supplement the team's depth so at least he did do something. Plus, signing Perry was a good move as well. It may be unpopular but I won't be mad at Holland if he doesn't make another trade.
It's just disappointing because Vegas loaded up so much.

But of course the issue there is that the Knights have tons of cap space. Our trades are extra expensive. I don't see how we could compete in value with a team who doesn't need double and triple retention to fit things in, or doesnt need to send expensive players back that the other team doesn't want

Reactions: 29Beast97Mode

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Why do you quote random people? Nothing in Seravalli’s article indicates Eberle is being shopped yet

It says “without a new contract, they will be moving Eberle”, which I guess could be ambiguous, but no, doesn’t say he’s being shopped.

Which leads to the main point - Seravalli’s tweet was right there. Why not post it instead of the random that read the article wrong?

Edit: A long way to say I completely agree.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oilers MSM always loves to be downers and kill any sort of enjoyment for us fans.

Like why would you not want to continue keeping fans interested and engaged? And how could you possibly think the team couldn’t use any other upgrades.

Carrying water for the Oilers must be in the job application or something
Or maybe the Oilers are actually done and these guys are merely doing their job by reporting it.

I know what you mean though. Rishaug right after the Henrique trade was made was VERY adamant on Got Yer Back that the Oilers will NOT be making any other significant moves and was actually yelling it out for a good couple of minutes. It was quite annoying, and I generally like Rishaug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad