Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Does Deadline Day Hold in Store for the Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
@Burnt Biscuits

“With respect to the winger discussion I love Ebs obviously from his time here, but I never found him to have great chemistry with either of McDavid or Drai, time has passed and all have matured and evolved their game so it might work now, but I'm still a bit worried they won't match stylistically”

This was before McDavid and Draisaitl found another offensive level, and also before Eberle matured to become a more two way guy.

Plus if they keep their current lines intact, you could run RNH down the middle with Hyman and Eberle and bump up Kane with McDrai. Couple of different looks that could be tried out.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd be shocked if Holland made a move today based on his usual patterns but....we'll see,

I've said, as well as many others, that the real weak link of this team is Ceci. The Oilers likely have the weakest top 6 of any playoff team and a large part is due to that one pairing that plays a tough minute role. Also, a bit frightening that they're rolling with this Nurse-Desharnais pairing as the "fallback" plan. I get that there aren't many options right now on the D market but Holland has to try to make SOMETHING happen. It's not going to happen but that's my feeling on it.

At the very least, if they can't make the defenseman happen, at least try to add one more up front. I don't expect that either though.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Good Morning everyone. Unlike my lasts two posts I cannot say this one with any confidence.

I can confidently say that Adam Henrique was Plan C. With their number 1 target off the board (Tanev) they moved their focus to a high-quality defensive forward (Henrique) He was brought in to ideally play on a 3rd line or a checking line. To be a defensively responsible forward that doesn’t make many mistakes. He also can play top 6 if the Oilers don’t add or have injuries. Everyone saying Henrique is bad defensively is out to lunch.

I can unconfidently say It does appear that the Oilers are indeed circling back to Plan B (top 6 RW). I was told a top 6 forward with retention will 100 % be added to this roster. This is someone’s strong opinion. I CAN NOT confirm this will happen.

I can confirm the team believes Evander Kane is slowing down A LOT. (some posters here have mentioned it, some defend Kane. HOT topic on these boards) His downfall is the main reason the team is searching/prioritizing for a top 6 winger.

My educated guess: It seems like Plan B was always in the cards. It would have been paired with 1 of Plan A or Plan C.

Everyone these are rumors right now with some steam behind them. I CAN NOT say anything will happen because I really don’t know.

If we do get a top 6 RW, who is available that fits under the cap? It sounds like if we grab someone a roster player moves out. Can it be someone as small as Janmark?

The team is probably going to do something today.The season could be decided today. Top 6 forward seems possible. My anxiety says we strike out and do nothing. Time for coffee

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Good Morning everyone. Unlike my lasts two posts I cannot say this one with any confidence.

I can confidently say that Adam Henrique was Plan C. With their number 1 target off the board (Tanev) they moved their focus to a high-quality defensive forward (Henrique) He was brought in to ideally play on a 3rd line or a checking line. To be a defensively responsible forward that doesn’t make many mistakes. He also can play top 6 if the Oilers don’t add or have injuries. Everyone saying Henrique is bad defensively is out to lunch.

I can unconfidently say It does appear that the Oilers are indeed circling back to Plan B (top 6 RW). I was told a top 6 forward with retention will 100 % be added to this roster. This is someone’s strong opinion. I CAN NOT confirm this will happen.

I can confirm the team believes Evander Kane is slowing down A LOT. (some posters here have mentioned it, some defend Kane. HOT topic on these boards) His downfall is the main reason the team is searching/prioritizing for a top 6 winger.

My educated guess: It seems like Plan B was always in the cards. It would have been paired with 1 of Plan A or Plan C.

Everyone these are rumors right now with some steam behind them. I CAN NOT say anything will happen because I really don’t know.

If we do get a top 6 RW, who is available that fits under the cap? It sounds like if we grab someone a roster player moves out. Can it be someone as small as Janmark?

The team is probably going to do something today.The season could be decided today. Top 6 forward seems possible. My anxiety says we strike out and do nothing. Time for coffee
I think even if you shipped out Brown you could add Eberle at 75% retention.

My dream scenario is a Ceci + for Carrier swap and then adding Eberle at 75% retained. That way you get to keep everybody.

Interesting wrinkle on Kane’s contract is that his NMC turns into a 16 team NTC before the trade deadline next year. I assume they’ll ship him out then.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Outside of being a RHS, I'm not sure what Ebs adds that Henrique doesn't.

I think Hollands done up front, but if you're bringing in another forward, I think it needs to be a physical freak (i.e big and fast) vs. another slower cerebral player. Especially if it's Foegele going out the door to make room.

Sadly though, there doesn't seem to be a Timo Meier type at this year's deadline.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Making my traditional trade day breakfast with .6 eggs, a pack of bacon, and a cup of cheese to spread over the top along with some sausages taters and ham.
Going to sit back and watch Holland surprise us with a big trade:).

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

I think Hollands done up front, but if you're bringing in another forward, I think it needs to be a physical freak (i.e big and fast) vs. another slower cerebral player. Especially if it's Foegele going out the door to make room.

Sadly though, there doesn't seem to be a Timo Meier type at this year's deadline.
More speed please!!!!!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Team still has poor RW depth. It's Hyman and a cloud of dust. They have like a million left shooting LWs and Centers but precious few RWs.

Reactions: Canovin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad