Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: We're so f***ed. Shit out of luck. Hardwired to self-destruct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You don't have to convince me, getting Korpisalo is completely stupid, but we're at stupid.

This should have been a trade in atleast the offseason for f*ck sakes.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Only the Oilers would replace struggling goalie with a goalie worse than him.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
This is such BS logic, it hurts my brain. Any given team in NHL has a fair chance to win any given game. Deciding a coaches fate based on the binary result of one game is pure lunacy.

Tippet is awful. We needed a coaching change a month ago. Any further loses are all on Holland at this point.

Reactions: Rengorlex

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I got time for Korpisalo.. he might just need a change of scenery and wouldn't cost more than Koskinen straight up.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I'm probably an annoying broken record on this but Koskinen is untradeable. The issue is that the only teams that can absorb even half his hit are not ones he'd waive his NTC for.
I'm sure out of 17 teams, they could find a taker for half if the deal was right. Just gotta squeeze a little.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
RNH is going to age like milk that's already been left out for 12 hours.

If the Oilers can bail out of that deal they might as well take it. Getting an actual starter is just icing on the cake.
I agree. RNH is, in reality, one of the problems here. A guy who is talented but rarely goes the extra mile. How many fly-bys does the guy do per game rather than hitting someone. He has 3 goals in 30 games playing wing for 2 of the best centre's in the world and playing 1st unit PP.

Oh yeah, he also can't seem to lead his own line either.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I got time for Korpisalo.. he might just need a change of scenery and wouldn't cost more than Koskinen straight up.
That sounds like one of those moves that would be great today, so that if it didnt work we could still have time to get someone else.

I'm not a Korpisalo fan tho, but I could be wrong

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don’t see Washington or St Louis moving those guys
St Louis would LOVE to get assets for Husso, because he's not good. And I could see Washington wanting to explore assets for Vanecek, because they have Samsonov as a future starter.

Edit: In a world where Smith is actually healthy (I know), I wondered if they would entertain a Smith++ for Vanecek, because then they get a good veteran guy to support young Samsonov. But no way they explore that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad