Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | We Lose and No Trades Are Made, We Win and No Trades Are Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder what Coffey thinks of this? Have to think he’s in Katz/Jackson’s ears about what he thinks about Broberg. Considering that Coffey has joined the bench and is essentially running his D core (which includes Broberg) as “a team within a team”, you’d think that as part of that initiative they’d make Broberg feel he was part of that plan. But now we see Broberg wants out which means he probably didn’t feel included in this “team within a team”. Something about this Coffey initiative must have not felt right to Broberg, he probably gets the impression that Coffey didn’t believe in him is what I’m saying. Makes sense cause Coffey knows an NHL D-man when he sees one. He did not see one in Broberg is my assessment.
I think that you are 100% right that Coffey isn't a fan of his and here we are. Woodcroft wasn't a fan and seemed to have his favorites and non favorites.
I don't think it really matters for him.

He was very obviously a guy who had trouble processing the game pre-draft and that's only been magnified the higher the level he plays at.

He's all physical tools and can't use them because his brain is three steps behind his feet.
100% agree, watching as much youth sports as I have with my kids it is amazing how much of a difference being able to process the game and make quick decisions separates players of similar physical abilities. Broberg is a Darnell Nurse type of a D minus the strength, toughness, physicality and hockey IQ. Basically a Ladi Smid without the grit.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I see this more about Deharnais taking Brobergs minutes.
Yeah, I think it’s more about VD taking minutes. Brobergs probably not being communicated with either. Has no idea when he supposed to play.

Oilers haven’t handled him well the past 2 seasons. So this shouldn’t be a surprise for Holland. But apparently it is. Which just makes him look incompetent.

Reactions: guymez

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
How things have been going for Holland since last season ended:

scottie-pippen.gif

Holland is the guy on his ass in this scenario (Ewing).

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Broberg has shown absolutely nothing in the show. 100% entitled baby. Show us something and you will get more ice time plain and simple.
You might be right. But once again, Oilers are 3 steps behind when it comes to prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille